Free Consultation: (619) 304-0600Tap to Call This Lawyer
Juanita Guillen

Juanita Guillen

Mellman & Mellman, LLP
  • Estate Planning, Family Law, Landlord Tenant
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Juanita Guillen-Mellman is a co-founding partner of Mellman & Mellman LLP, a law firm that has represented clients in various legal matters, including estate planning and probate, family law, real property, civil litigation and estate litigation. As an attorney licensed to practice in all California state and federal courts, Ms. Guillen-Mellman has gained extensive litigation experience by conducting and successfully arguing hundreds of motions, trials, and other hearings. Attorney Guillen-Mellman is well versed in what it takes to obtain results, both in and out of court. At Mellman & Mellman, LLP attorney Juanita Guillen-Mellman is an integral part of the firm’s litigation team and she also focuses on estate planning, family law, and business disputes.

Attorney Juanita Guillen-Mellman provides a client centered approach and puts her clients’ needs above all else. Each of Ms. Guillen-Mellman’s clients receives personalized attention and a plan of action that is tailored to each client’s individual needs. When you work with our firm, you will receive superior legal services and work product. We understand and appreciate that each case is different. Attorney Juanita Guillen-Mellman is unwavering in her commitment to her clients and is truly a master in the courtroom.


Ms. Guillen-Mellman began her education in Los Angeles at Loyola Marymount University, where she received her undergraduate degree in political science. From there, she attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego where she obtained her Juris Doctorate degree, graduating Cum Laude. While in law school, Ms. Guillen-Mellman participated in the school’s highly competitive Alternative Dispute Resolution program and interned at prestigious estate planning and housing rights law firms. She retained valuable information that allowed her to advance early on in her career.

Above all, Ms. Guillen-Mellman understands the challenges clients face wh

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
  • Free Consultation
    20 minute complimentary consultation. Please note that we do not provide consultations via email or review documents as part of the complimentary consultation. Thank you for understanding and we look forward to assisting you.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
J.D. (2014) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Thomas Jefferson School of Law Logo
Loyola Marymount University
B.A. (2006) | Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 306315
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Inns of Court- Louis M. Welsh Inn, No. 9
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
San Diego La Raza Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. My brother lives with my elderly mother. She would like a letter stating he has to vacate the house in a certain time.
A: Your mother can indicate her wishes in her will, a trust or even a lease agreement. However, you must consider that depending on the duration your brother has lived on the property he has acquired certain rights and thus would be entitled to certain notice requirements. We handle landlord/tenant issues in addition to estate planning. To understand your mother's rights and obligations you should contact an attorney to further discuss her specific circumstances.
Q. In order to gain access to a private residence, when there are two owners of the residence, who can give the go-ahead?
A: In general if Owner 1 has equal right and control to the property as Owner 2, Owner 1 can allow the real estate agent and potential buyers to view the home. Real estate viewings were allowed to continue in CA even during the pandemic (unless a local ordinance ordered otherwise). Best practices for Owner 1 would be to provide a 24 hour notice to Owner 2 about the viewings although I do not think they are required. With that said, Owner 2 can demand that anyone entering the property use protective measures such as wearing gloves, masks. shoe coverings, limit the number of people per viewing, etc. This demand should be in writing and submitted to Owner 1. If Owner 2 has any health considerations and Owner 2 does not comply with reasonable demands for viewings then Owner 2 can call the police to prevent those viewings from occurring. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Mellman & Mellman, LLP
600 W. Broadway, Suite 700
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone: (619) 304-0600
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.