Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
20 minute complimentary consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- J.D. (2014) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Loyola Marymount University
- B.A. (2006) | Political Science
- State Bar of California  # 306315
- American Inns of Court- Louis M. Welsh Inn, No. 9
- - Current
- San Diego La Raza Lawyers
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
2 Questions Answered
- Q. My brother lives with my elderly mother. She would like a letter stating he has to vacate the house in a certain time.
- A: Your mother can indicate her wishes in her will, a trust or even a lease agreement. However, you must consider that depending on the duration your brother has lived on the property he has acquired certain rights and thus would be entitled to certain notice requirements. We handle landlord/tenant issues in addition to estate planning. To understand your mother's rights and obligations you should contact an attorney to further discuss her specific circumstances.
- Q. In order to gain access to a private residence, when there are two owners of the residence, who can give the go-ahead?
- A: In general if Owner 1 has equal right and control to the property as Owner 2, Owner 1 can allow the real estate agent and potential buyers to view the home. Real estate viewings were allowed to continue in CA even during the pandemic (unless a local ordinance ordered otherwise). Best practices for Owner 1 would be to provide a 24 hour notice to Owner 2 about the viewings although I do not think they are required. With that said, Owner 2 can demand that anyone entering the property use protective measures such as wearing gloves, masks. shoe coverings, limit the number of people per viewing, etc. This demand should be in writing and submitted to Owner 1. If Owner 2 has any health considerations and Owner 2 does not comply with reasonable demands for viewings then Owner 2 can call the police to prevent those viewings from occurring.
Contact & Map