Joy Day is one of only fourteen female lawyers in the State of Tennessee who is certified as a civil trial specialist by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification and serves as a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator. With more than 150 days of trial to her credit, Joy has significant trial experience in high-exposure, complex cases and is more than comfortable in the courtroom.
Joy has a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating, the highest rating possible, since 2004, and she has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyer every year since 2009. Joy is licensed in state and federal courts in Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan, and has actively handled cases in each of those jurisdictions.
Joy is past-President of the Tennessee Supreme Court Historical Society and served on the Tennessee Commission for Continuing Legal Education and Specialization, where she was elected to both the positions of Treasurer and Chair of the Commission. Joy is also a member of the Content Review Board for the Tennessee Judiciary Museum. Joy graduated from the Tennessee Bar Association's Leadership Law Program, where she served on the Tennessee Bar Association's Youth Court Advisory Board.
Joy was a founding member of Belmont University's American Inn of Courts and is a member of the John Marshall American Inn of Court. She is also a member of the Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Nashville and Williamson County Bar Associations.
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Free Consultation
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- Michigan Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Content Review Board for the Tennessee Judiciary Museum
- Belmont University's American Inn of Courts
- Founding member
- John Marshall American Inn of Court
- Tennessee Bar Association
- General Civil Mediator
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed
- Civil Trial Specialist
- National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Joy Day's Website Profile
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. Website
- Day on Torts
- City’s Duty to Protect Against Dangerous Dog Fell Under Public Duty Doctrine
26 April 2019
- Plaintiff Must Name “John Doe” if Other Driver in Car Accident Case is Unknown.
25 April 2019
- Claims Commissioner Must Make Conclusions of Law For Each Theory of Negligence
24 April 2019
- Rule 59.04 Motion Does Not to Save Medical Malpractice Case
17 April 2019
- Fall Down Steps Not Enough to Prove Premises Liability Case
12 April 2019
- 2017 Tennessee Health Care Liability Statistics – Part 3
20 March 2019
- 2017 Tennessee Health Care Liability Statistics – Part 2
19 March 2019
- 2017 Tennessee Health Care Liability Statistics – Part 1
18 March 2019
- Motion to Amend Must Be Considered Before Hearing Motion to Dismiss
14 March 2019
- Tennessee Injury Law Center
- Would You Hire a Lawyer Who Had Been Convicted of Murder?
30 April 2019
- Will Motorists Get Greater Protection Against Deadly and Underreported Underride Accidents?
18 April 2019
- Spring Showers Bring May Flowers and Accidents
9 April 2019
- New Tennessee Car Accident Facts You Should Know
4 April 2019
- Talk to Your Kids: Drowsy Driving
20 March 2019
- Tennessee Worst in the Nation for Distracted Driving
14 March 2019
- Pedestrian Accidents Are On the Rise
6 March 2019
- Do You Have Ochophobia?
27 February 2019
- The Opioid Epidemic on Our Roadways
20 February 2019