Joshua H. Bearce

Joshua H. Bearce

Excellence in execution
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My practice is centered on helping individuals through the most difficult time periods in their lives. I represent clients in divorce and family law cases, involving issues such as child custody and support, alimony, and domestic violence. I also represent clients in trust and estate cases, including in will and trust challenges, guardianships, conservatorships, and other disputes involving the transfer of wealth.

My clients come from a variety of diverse backgrounds. I personally believe that every client, regardless of their circumstances, deserves the best legal representation. I respect the trust my clients have placed in me during these difficult time periods and I strive to handle their cases with compassion and expertise.

I strongly believe in resolving issues outside of the courtroom. However, I acknowledge that many issues cannot be resolved without court intervention. I take pride in my ability to present my client’s case to the Court in the most persuasive and prepared manner to obtain their desired result. If I am granted the opportunity to serve as your counsel, I look forward to working with you.

In my free time, I enjoy cooking, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. I also enjoy real estate speculation, stock trading, and vintage automobiles.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Hampshire
New Hampshire Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Litigation Associate
Devine Millimet
- Current
Associate Attorney
Black, Vitelli & Pennock, LLC
Associate Attorney
Law Office of Wyckoff Nissenbaum
Boston University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Boston University School of Law Logo
Suffolk University
B.A. | English and Philosophy
Placeholder image for education.
Top 40 Under 40
American Academy of Attorneys
Clients' Choice Award
10 Best
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Professional Associations
New Hampshire Bar Association  # 266168
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Devine, Millimet & Branch, P.A. website
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. Unmarried and separated with three kids. As a single mother, what are my rights an what can I do?
A: You can file three Complaints for Custody-Support-Parenting Time in the Middlesex Probate and Family Court. You can seek to waive the filing fees if you have a low income. After you have filed, I would suggest filing a motion for temporary orders to obtain an award of child support from the children's father, as well as the establishment of a parenting plan. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law to discuss your options further. Good luck.
Q. Im a dad my 12 year old daughter has been hit with her phone,punched repeatedly is this enough for me to get an attorney
A: This question cannot be fully answered without more information. If there are allegations of physical abuse, and she does not want to live with her Mother, then you can file a complaint for modification with the Court seeking to obtain custody of her. I would suggest you also file a motion for the appointment of a Guardian Ad Litem to ascertain the parenting plan that it is your daughter's best interests. The GAL will likely interview your daughter and if she states she wants to live with you, it will help you obtain custody. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law/child custody to discuss your options further. Good luck.
Q. What happens directly after serving my spouse with divorce papers? Like the next step.
A: This depends upon the circumstances of the case. If there are issues which require immediate resolution, the parties often exchange their Rule 410 mandatory disclosures, and attend what is called a temporary hearing to establish the orders which will be in place during the divorce. These can be orders relative to the payment of household expenses, child support, parenting time, etc. Rule 410 mandatory disclosures consist of tax returns, bank statements, etc. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in divorce and/or family law to discuss your options further. Good luck.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Devine, Millimet & Branch, P.A.
111 Amherst Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Telephone: (603) 695-8675
2 Oliver Street
Boston, MA 02109
Telephone: (603) 695-8675
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.