A: Yes. In some cases liability is disputed (i.e., how the accident happened). If the other driver claims the accident was your fault or you did not comply with the rules of the road, the other driver may sue for damages. In Florida, you may also be a percentage at fault. For instance, a jury may find you could have avoided the accident and therefore you are say 60% at fault. In this instance, the other driver would be 40% at fault (or less if there is another party involved). Any judgment obtained by the other driver would be reduced by 40%.
A: Additional information is necessary to determine whether you have a viable claim. I would encourage you to reach out to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Most, like my firm, will provide free consultations at no cost. Feel free to give me a call at 321-710-5293. You will speak directly with an attorney from the start.
A: Yes, your neighbor would be at fault for the dog bite. If your neighbor has homeowner's insurance, it may provide insurance coverage for you for this incident. Additional information is necessary as it relates to your injury to fully determine your legal options and whether it is worth it to assert a claim. For instance, did you seek medical attention? What is the extent of your injury? Wishing you a fast recovery.