Free Consultation: (877) 332-5529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Joseph S. Stacey

Joseph S. Stacey

Stacey & Jacobsen, PLLC
  • Maritime, Personal Injury, Insurance Claims
  • Alaska, Oregon, Washington
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Joe is a founding member of Stacey & Jacobsen, PLLC. His practice concentrates on the representation of injured maritime workers, fishermen, blue water seamen, tug and barge seamen, tankermen, longshoremen, repairmen, maritime construction workers and pilebucks.

Joe was born and raised on the Maine coast. He attended the University of Maine in Orono, then traveled west to attend law school at Seattle University.

Joe has been married to Elizabeth since 1986. They have four children, three boys (in a row) and a girl. Joe has always been involved in his kids’ education, sports, and other activities. Joe has coached Little League baseball, basketball, and soccer. He has also enjoyed coaching speech and mock trial at several local schools. Joe enjoys spending time with his family - from family vacations to family dinners.

In My Own Words

"I feel honored to represent hard-working men and women and their families. I also come from “working” family roots. All too often, I see a client who has a serious injury, one that takes that worker out of the labor force. Injured workers need good representation so that they have access to what the law allows: damages for lost income, pain and suffering, retraining costs, and all other damages. I feel that a good result is when financial security is established for the injured client and his family. That goal and my great clients gets me out of bed every morning."

Practice Areas
  • Maritime
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
Additional Practice Area
  • Admiralty
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
Professional Experience
Seattle University School of Law
University of Maine - Orono
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar # 030406
Washington State Bar
Alaska State Bar
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered

Q. What can you do to get compensation if you get hurt working on a cruise ship?
A: Need more information. Were you a crew member? What company? Where(location) vessel when injured. Your nationality. The answer to these questions may determine what law applies.
Q. Is there a special workers comp law if you're injured while working at sea?
A: The answer depends upon what category of worker you fall into. If you are a seaman or fisherman, you would be covered by the "Jones Act" and general maritime law. If you are a longshoreman or harborworker, you would be covered by Longshore and Harborworkers Compensation Act (a worker's comp law).
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Stacey & Jacobsen, PLLC
4039 21st Ave W.
Seattle, WA 98199
Toll-Free: (877) 332-5529
Telephone: (206) 282-3100
Fax: (206) 282-1149