(781) 797-0555Tap to Call This Lawyer
Joseph B. SimonsSimons Law Office
- Appeals & Appellate, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Successfully defending people against criminal charges in Boston and throughout Massachusetts.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- DUI & DWI
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Simons Law Office
- - Current
- Defending the rights and freedom of people facing criminal charges in Massachusetts.
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. (2011) | Criminal Defense
- Honors: Dean's List
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
- MASSACHUSETTS ASSOCIATION OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS
- Criminal Defense Attorney - Member
- - Current
- Activities: MACDL's mission is to preserve the adversary system of justice; to maintain and foster independent and able criminal defense lawyers and to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crime. MACDL will be an advocate for the advocate.
Articles & Publications
- Judge: Abuser 'needs to be caged'
- The Salem News
- From Solo to Managing a Small Firm, Transitions: From Law School to Lawyer & From Solo to Managing a Small Firm, Boston, MA
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Panelists will discuss how they have succeeded in growing their firms by developing a growth plan, using a coach and utilizing referral networks. As an attorney in a solo or a small firm, you will receive tips on how to grow your practice by expanding and nurturing your attorney referral network, the changes to expect as you grow, and how to plan and respond appropriately.
- Clients' Choice Award
17 Questions Answered
- Q. If you please guilty to a felony crime in the state of Massachusetts can you appeal your guilty plea
- A: You can’t do an appeal, but you may have grounds to file a motion to withdraw your plea if you have sufficient grounds (aka “motion for new trial”). A criminal defense attorney can evaluate the case and discuss your options.
- Q. Do any lawyers just offer consults for a flat fee out there? TY
- A: Yes, there are a fair amount of us who offer flat fee consultations.
- Q. Can you assist me in sealing my record?
- A: If the case ended with a dismissal, you can petition the court anytime. If it was a conviction, you need to wait 3 years for a misdemeanor or 7 years for a felony. I do a lot of petitions to seal, so feel free to call if you have any questions: 781-797-0555.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.