Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Successfully defending people against criminal charges in Boston and throughout Massachusetts.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Simons Law Office
- - Current
- Defending the rights and freedom of people facing criminal charges in Massachusetts.
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. / Criminal Defense (2011)
- Honors: Dean's List
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
- MASSACHUSETTS ASSOCIATION OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS
- Criminal Defense Attorney - Member
- - Current
- Activities: MACDL's mission is to preserve the adversary system of justice; to maintain and foster independent and able criminal defense lawyers and to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crime. MACDL will be an advocate for the advocate.
Articles & Publications
- From Solo to Managing a Small Firm, Transitions: From Law School to Lawyer & From Solo to Managing a Small Firm, Boston, MA
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Panelists will discuss how they have succeeded in growing their firms by developing a growth plan, using a coach and utilizing referral networks. As an attorney in a solo or a small firm, you will receive tips on how to grow your practice by expanding and nurturing your attorney referral network, the changes to expect as you grow, and how to plan and respond appropriately.
- Clients' Choice Award
2 Questions Answered
- Q. My partner of 15 years and father of my two kids was recently arrested for aggravated assault.
- A: With domestic allegations, the police almost always make an arrest. And even with your protest to the police or the District Attorney's office, the case is going to be pushed forward. Unfortunately, any discretion that the prosecution used to have in domestic violence cases seems to have eroded over the years. However, there is something you can do to help: get him a criminal defense attorney. I have had many similar situations and with a lot of effort, many dismissals. But it may be several months and with the help of the right attorney before the end of this case.
- Q. Code. 94c/33/c notice received. If stopped by police would you be arrested or fingerprinted.
- A: If you received a summons in the mail, it means you have to go into court on a specific day regarding the allegations against you. Unfortunately the police get the wrong person sometimes, which is why we have defense attorneys and jury trials. You may want to go into the courthouse ahead of time and see if you can get a copy of the criminal complaint and police report, and go over it with a criminal defense attorney (many offer free consultations). As long as you show up to court, the police won't come to your house and arrest you on this charge. If you miss the court date, a warrant will issue and then you could get arrested.
Contact & Map