Jonathan T. Hyman is a partner and litigation attorney at Kohrman Jackson & Krantz P.L.L. in Cleveland, Ohio. Jon concentrates his practice in the representation of businesses in employment and labor disputes and counseling companies on various employment issues. He has written and lectured extensively on myriad employment law issues, including the FMLA, sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour issues, and background checks. Jon has been regularly interviewed and quoted by the local and national media on employment matters, including the National Law Journal, Business Insurance Magazine, Crain’s Cleveland Business, Inside Counsel, and Lawyer’s USA. He is also a member of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce’s Employment Law Committee. Jon was named a 2007 Ohio Rising Star Super Lawyer. He is also the author of the Ohio Employer’s Law Blog, located at ohioemploymentlaw.blogspot.com, where he publishes daily on employment and labor law issues. He received his JD from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, and his BA from Binghamton University.
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. Ohio
- U.S. District Court, S.D. Ohio
- Kohrman Jackson & Krantz
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- State University of New York - Binghamton
- B.A | History; Philosophy
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- HR and Social Media: Practical and Legal Guidance
- But He Looked Black… Court Rebukes EEOC’s Use of “Race Rating” in Systemic Lawsuit
- The "I"s Have It: NLRB Says Don’t Shred Those At-Will Disclaimers Just Yet
- Counseling as an ADA-Protected Medical Examination
- A Letter to the NLRB on Its Latest Position Against Confidential Workplace Investigations
- Does Your Social Media Policy Educate About Being “Profersonal"?
- Did the Sixth Circuit just approve a claim for benign discrimination?
- Ohio Employer's Law Blog
- WIRTW #564 (the “Woodstock” edition)
16 August 2019
- Government sanctioned discrimination is abhorrent and we, as a nation, should be ashamed
15 August 2019
- You are DUMB if you threaten to fire employees who support labor unions, and even DUMBER if you tweet about it #barstool
14 August 2019
- The law is a floor, not a ceiling: FMLA and IEP meetings
13 August 2019
- Do you know what to do if ICE shows up at your business?
12 August 2019
- WIRTW #563 (the “work in progress” edition)
9 August 2019
- Who owns intellectual property created for a company?
8 August 2019
- EEOC settlement teaches lesson on extended leaves of absence as ADA accommodation
7 August 2019
- It is an inexcusable sin for an employer NOT to have an anti-discrimination policy
6 August 2019