Free Consultation: (763) 425-6330Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan Matthew Holson

Jonathan Matthew Holson

  • Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI, Criminal Law...
  • Minnesota
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Martin & Wagner, P.A.
- Current
Assistant Public Defender / Managing Attorney
Stearns County Public Defender
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
J.D. (2002) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Misdemeanor Defense Clinic, Appellate Defense Clinic
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Logo
Furman University
B.A. (1999) | Political Science / Philosphy
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Activities: Mock Trial, College Democrats
Furman University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Minnesota # 032503X
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Roving Instructor, Minnesota State Public Defender Trial Institute, St. Paul, MN
Minnesota State Public Defender
Small Group Facilitator, Sentencing Advocacy Institute, Brainerd, MN
Minnesota State Public Defender
Roving Instructor, Minnesota State Public Defender Trial Institute, St. Paul, MN
Minnesota State Public Defender
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
188 Questions Answered

Q. If my license was reinstated in 2016. Can they legally revoke it from fines unpaid before 2000 now?
A: You might have a legal argument to prevent the suspensions. I would look into retaining an attorney to look into the situation so the exact facts are known and then to follow up with DVS and if necessary the Court.
Q. if you didnt get the right to face your accuser in trial is that a violation of any kind in federal court
A: Impossible to answer in a vacuum, especially without knowing what the charges were.
Q. i was recently convicted of assaualt resulting in serious bodily injury in which there was,no statement by the vicvictim
A: There’s not really a question here but you should file an appeal if you believe that you were wrongfully convicted. I presume that the government had other evidence such as third party witnesses or out of court statements, but it’s impossible to weigh in on the conviction with the limited facts listed here.
Q. If a cop put down completely wrong vehicle information on my speeding ticket, can they amend it with my correct vehicle?
A: Yes. The incorrect information on the citation is not a silver bullet that will get you out of the ticket. These types of errors happen frequently and my guess is that the traffic stop is either on squad video or body cam footage.
Q. My bf has a public defender and is locked up facing some very serious charges. The pd is not doing what we need.
A: The charge for private representation is dependent on the charges and the defendant’s criminal history. None of that is referenced here. Contact attorneys in the area where your boyfriend is charged.
Q. My 16 year old was charged with 3rd degree assault. No priors she is a good kid. What do I need to do??
A: Assault in the Third Degree is a felony offense. It is very serious and she needs an attorney. At this point, I assume that her case will be heard in juvenile court, but it is hard to know without more information. An attorney can help to protect her rights and to help minimize any consequences that she be might be facing for what occurred.
Q. if i was woke up to my girlfriend yelling and throwing stuff
A: You need to get an attorney on board ASAP. Police will likely be investigating you for an allegation of domestic assault. This is a serious offense that you should not handle on your own. You should have representation prior to making any statement to law enforcement.
Q. I got a sentencing had a lawyer hired which he sucked but 1 of the requirements of the sentencing was to have a Phyc ev
A: Not sure what your attorney has to do with this. Reading between the lines, it sounds as if you likely have to get a psych-sexual evaluation based on the costs. You could certainly have the evaluation done through probation which would be less expensive. The recommendations through that exam are also likely to be worse for you. So I’d figure out a way to get the funds. Perhaps a family member can lend you the funds.
Q. My daughter recieved a speeding ticket, 39in a 30 on Sept 27, 2019, finally recieved a notice to pay today.
A: Yes she has to pay it. The fact that there was a delay in issuing the ticket is not a defense.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Martin & Wagner, P.A.
21330 John Millless Drive
Suite 201
Rogers, MN 55374
Telephone: (763) 425-6330
Rogers, MN, USA
Telephone: (763) 425-6330
Cell: (612) 401-5488
Fax: (610) 401-5488