(407) 335-8113
Offers Video Conferencing
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan  Jacobs

Jonathan Jacobs

Attorney Jacobs is a caring and compassionate family and divorce lawyer.
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
Ivan K. April 12, 2021
Most knowledgeable & compassionate. Mr. Jacobs…Jonathan…is much more than just a “divorce lawyer”. He became my closest confidante and made the process of divorce painless. I trust him implicitly. Like everyone, I was a mix of emotions and quite stressed about my future. He put those concerns to rest. His approach is a combination of compassion, tenacity, and a clear understanding of the law. We didn’t agree on everything, but I always knew one thing…” He had my back”. I have no doubt that my divorce was swift and painless because of his knowledge, expertise and understanding. I am truly grateful that our paths have crossed.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Jacobs Family Law Firm is a courteous, friendly, and compassionate divorce and family practice. We are a strong advocate for our clients' parental and financial rights. Our practice is centered on paternity and divorce law. These two areas are truly rewarding because we help people when they need us the most. Let us know how we may help you during this tough time in your life. Among our sub-areas of family practice are collaborative divorce, uncontested divorce, and unlawful detainer lawsuits. Collaborative divorce and uncontested divorce often help make divorce more affordable for you.

Attorney Jonathan Jacobs believes being an attorney is an honorable job because our profession allows us to fight to protect our clients' familial and financial rights. Meeting with clients allows Attorney Jacobs to feel connected to the community. We hope that you will hire Jacobs Family Law Firm when you need help with your divorce or paternity case.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Collaborative Divorce
  • Uncontested Divorce in Florida
  • Unlawful Detainer
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Google Duo
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    AMEX, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Jacobs Law Firm, PLLC
- Current
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
J.D. (2017) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude and High Honors Trial Advocacy Certificate
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law Logo
University of Connecticut
M.A. (2002) | History
My specialization is 20th century American diplomatic history.
Activities: Member of the Phi Alpha Theta Historical Honors Society.
University of Connecticut Logo
University of Connecticut
B.A. | History
University of Connecticut Logo
Clients Choice Award
Clients Choice Award
2017 Clients Choice Award
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 1002263
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lake County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Florida Law Blog
Jacobs Law Firm
Mediation: A Golden Opportunity for Clients
The Practice of Law
Speaking Engagements
Marital Settlement Agreement and Equitable Distribution Webinar, Virtual
The Mediation Center of Central Florida Inc.
Law Ruler Conference, Coral Springs, FL
Law Ruler
Lexis Nexis Research Certified
Lexis Nexis
Westlaw Research Certified
Websites & Blogs
Jacobs Law Firm
Family Law Blog
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. Can an unwed mother, who has sole custody of the child, change the childs name without consent of the father florida law
A: You have asked a great question and one that many people ask their lawyer. There is a notice requirement in Florida when changing a minor child's name. You will need to demonstrate to the court that you have made diligent attempts to notify the father of your child. You may wish to hire a process server to not only serve the petition for name change of a minor child, but also to perform a skip trace to ensure you have the dad's accurate address. Best of success to you both!
Q. Do I use the gross up method if the non majority parent doesn’t exercise his 20% overnight visits?
A: If you are modifying child support and can prove to the court or child support hearing officer that you the father is not exercising timesharing according to the court-ordered parenting plan, you should present to the court a child support guidelines worksheet that proposes child support based on the actual number of overnights dad spends with the minor child. There is no absolute answer for many family law issues, but if the financial burden falls on you as a hard-working parent, consider presenting your case in the light most favorable to you for your child's benefit.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Jacobs Law Firm
331 S. Wymore Rd.
Winter Park, FL 32789
Telephone: (407) 335-8113
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Jacobs Law Firm
15701 Florida 50
Suite 204
Clermont, FL 34711
Telephone: (407) 335-8113
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.