Free Consultation: (856) 988-5549Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan Herron

Jonathan Herron

  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI...
  • New Jersey
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
  • Real Estate Law
  • Probate
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Cards not accepted for bankruptcy filers.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono
Commendation for successful representation of a Veteran through the Consortium's program.
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey # 190412017
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
RevWorkshop: Choosing the Right Entity, Revcowork Community Workshops, Revcowork, 609D1 Cross Keys Road, Sicklerville, NJ 08081
DESCRIPTION If you are a future or current small business owner, this RevWorkshop is for you! On Wednesday, August 15th, come learn about the importance of registering your business with the State, choosing the type of business entity to form, and the important steps to protect your personal assets when being your own boss. You might want to start a business one day and these are the steps that people forget to think about when they want to start their own business! Grab your tickets fast.
Websites & Blogs
The Herron Law Firm, LLC Blog
Legal Answers
17 Questions Answered

Q. Is there a statute of limitations to collect on a judgement against a decedant’s estate when placed prior to death?
A: attorney Nachbar has given a correct answer. Judgments filed in Trenton are a lien on real property for 20 years. You should consult an attorney to get answers about the transfer of the real estate. They will be able to help make the sale go smoothly.
Q. in terms of a will in NJ what is the definition of "Issue"
A: Typically "issue" means children of the decedent. The will might give a different definition. If the will gives a definition of "issue" than that is the definition for the purposes of that will.
Q. Hi, Can an executor lower the selling price on the decedent's house without first discussing with the beneficiary heirs?
A: It would depend on the reason the executor had for lowering the price. To provide an accurate response to your question would require much more information. If you are concerned about whether the executor is acting properly you should consult with an attorney.
Q. I have a joint checking account with my mother and I am POA. Had to sell her house to pay fr her assisted living costs.
A: The account would be part of your mother's estate. You would have to have the estate properly administered after her death. This is done through probate.
Q. What happens in simultaneous death to joint account? Unmarried couple
A: More information is needed to properly answer this question. It likely would involve having to pay a consultation fee to an attorney. Many attorneys will apply that consultation fee to the initial retainer if they are retained to represent you in the matter. Hiring an attorney may be in your best interests here.
Q. FTA warrant
A: You can borrow the money from friends or family and get a new court date assigned. You can also attend court when it is in session and ask (beg) the judge to set a new court date without requiring the bail payment. It is uncommon for judges to reduce the bail when the warrant is for missing a prior court date. The bail is thought to be a guarantee of your appearance at future court dates. If you do decide to go to court to seek a lower bail make sure to bring recent pay stubs and bank statements. Having proof of your financial situation might help get the judge to lower the bail amount to be something you can afford. Depending on your exact charges you should also contact an attorney to represent you in the traffic ticket case.
Q. If I go to court to fight a ticket an officer gave me will the officer know I went to go fight his ticket?
A: The officer will be notified if you plead not guilty as they will have to make themselves available to testify. Depending on how you turned right you might have gotten pulled over for doing a "rolling stop." The ticket which was written may have been the office being nice by giving a less serious ticket.
Q. My traffic ticket has false information on it. My vehicle is a 2 door but on the ticket it says 4 door what will happen?
A: Typically the court will consider this clerical error and it will not affect the validity of the ticket. Depending on the charge listed on the ticket it will be wise to hire an attorney. Many offer a free consultation.
Q. I have a probationary license and received a speeding ticket (41 in a 25) and one for not having the red decal.
A: It would be a good idea to consult an attorney. There are policies limiting the ability of prosecutor's to plea bargain a traffic offense with a probationary driver. In speeding cases, there might be defenses an attorney can use once they have all the information. Many attorneys offer a free consultation.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
10000 Lincoln Drive East
10000 Lincoln Drive East
Suite 201
Marlton, NJ 08053
Telephone: (856) 988-5549
Cell: (856) 298-1062
Fax: (856) 295-8598