Free Consultation: (702) 343-0494Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan Craig Reed

Jonathan Craig Reed

Call about discount on probate and personal injury fees
  • Maritime Law, Personal Injury, Probate ...
  • California, Nevada
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

We represent people hurt in car accidents, boat accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Four years ago we began a policy of charging only 25% instead of the usual one third (33.33%) or 35% or 40% to represent accident victims if there was a police report that blamed the other side and not them. This discount fee, which you don't pay unless you recover, has been a big success for us and our clients and results in them putting more money in their pockets than they would if they had signed up with a lawyer for the traditional higher fee. You save because we are not spending part of your fee on expensive billboards and tv ads. This discount fee does not increase if we have to file suit or try your case to get you fair compensation. We also represent victims in other injury cases such as defective products, fall cases, and swimming pool drownings or near drownings; however, in those cases we charge a 40% fee. We also offer low cost, discount fees for uncontested probate through out the state of Nevada. See our probate website, for a detailed discussion of fees we charge for uncontested probates.

Practice Areas
    Maritime Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Products Liability
    Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car, Boat, Truck, Motorcycle and Pedestrian Accidents
  • Vaccine Injury
  • Free Consultation
    Call me and I'll tell you if I think I can be of help.
  • Contingent Fees
    For personal injury, legal malpractice, products liability, boating accidents, wrongful death and brain injury. We offer a low discount 25% contingency fee for favorable police report accident cases (car, boat, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, etc. Favorable police report means that a police report cites someone else for causing the injury and does not cite you for being careless or violating a law that contributed to the accident). For all other personal injury cases, including legal malpractice, our fees are either 33.33% or 40%.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    See our website for probate fees. We consider our firm the high quality, low cost, discount, affordable, Nevada law firm for uncontested probates and we do uncontested probates throughout the State of Nevada. We selectively accept some will or trust contests on a contingency fee basis; otherwise we handle such cases on an hourly rate. See
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
25% fee if police cite other driver and not you
Reed & Mansfield
- Current
Four person Las Vegas law firm handling a variety of matters; I handle primarily car, boat, truck and motorcycle accidents, legal malpractice and probate.
Solo Practitioner
Law Offices of Jonathan C. Reed
Las Vegas law practice with heavy emphasis on personal injury, but also wrote a large number of trusts.
Monsey, Andrews & Reed
General practice of law with emphasis on Personal Injury at this Las Vegas law firm.
Associate Attorney
Crockett & Myers
Practice limited to personal injury at this Las Vegas law firm.
Associate Attorney
Rogers, Monsey, Woodbury & Bergreen
General practice of Law in Las Vegas, NV, with emphasis on personal injury
Judicial Law Clerk
Supreme Court of Wyoming
Law Clerk to Justice Robert Rose
University of Wyoming College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Graduated with Honors, Land Editor of the Land and Water Law Review
University of Wyoming College of Law Logo
University of Wyoming
M.S. | Zoology
University of Wyoming Logo
10 Best Client Satisfaction Award
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Top Car Accident Attorney
Desert Companion Magazine (KNPR)
Top 100 Lawyers
Top Lawyers in Nevada
Greenspun Media Group
Highest Rating: 10/10
4.4 BV rating
Professional Associations
State Bar of Nevada, Trust and Probate Section
Chair, Publication Committee
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Nevada
Chair, Publications and CLE, Probate Section
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nevada Justice Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Clark County District Court
Court Appointed Part-Time Arbitrator
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Las Vegas Rotary West
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Medical Malpractice in Nevada
Nevada Lawyer (State Bar Journal)
TMJ Syndrome: The Cryptic Injury You and Your Client May Overlook
Texas Trial Lawyers Forum
Administrative Searches and Seizures After Barlow's and Tyler
14 Land and Water Law Review 207
Admissibility of Polygraph Data When Both Parties Have Stipulated that it Will be Admissible
13 Land and Water Law Review 613
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
170 Questions Answered
Q. In Nevada under NRS statues my mom owns property .Has dementia for 5 yrs no will .when she dies what paper do I file?
A: If your mother dies before her boyfriend, he will end up owning the property they hold in joint tenancy. If you are an only child and your mother dies without a will you will have to probate the house solely in her name but you will get it unless creditors have a claim. Even if she had willed the house to you it would still have to go thru probate. Because she has dementia I do not think a lawyer can ethically write a will for her or write a deed for her to sign the house you live in over to you.

You could start a guardianship proceeding to have a guardian--you--under court supervision handle her financial affairs. However, you would have to discuss the pros and cons of this with a guardianship lawyer--I do not do guardianships, ... Read More
Q. My uncle recently passed I am the only living next of kin, how do I find out if he had a will.
A: A person having an original Will (not just a photocopy) is required by law to file it within 10 days after the Will writer dies. This is not strictly enforced. Some people are slow to file a Will or begin probate. However, you can search for filed Wills by name on the Clark County Court website. You can also check by name to see if anyone has begun a probate in Clark County for a decedent.

As next of kin w/ no knowledge of a Will you could file to be appointed Administrator. Worst case scenario is that after you file someone with an original valid Will files and you might be out your attorneys' fees and filing fee or you might have a claim to be reimbursed based on the failure of the holder of the original Will to timely file it with the Clerk of Court. ... Read More
Q. In Nevada, if quitclaim deed (adding spouse) does not specify JTWROS, is it assumed right of survivorship?
A: In order for the surviving spouse to obtain full title w/o probate the deed to both spouses must say as joint tenants or with rights of survivorship. Then, in order to be able to get title insurance for a sale, the new deed must have been recorded BEFORE the first to die spouse dies.

If all of these conditions are met then for the surviving spouse to get sole title he/she will have to file an Affidavit of Death of Joint Tenant along with the death certificate.

If the deed to the spouses simply says to "Jack and Jill as husband and wife" the surviving spouse will have to probate the dead spouse's half.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
6655 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Telephone: (702) 343-0494
Fax: (702) 222-1644
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.