Free Consultation: (754) 900-2529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan A. Klurfeld

Jonathan A. Klurfeld

HK Legal Group, P.A.
  • Foreclosure Defense, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Practice Areas: Real estate law, foreclosure defense, landlord/tenant, evictions, debts, credit card debt, small claims.

Practice Areas
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Real Estate Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Consumer Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Free Consultation
    Telephone/email free consultation only.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All Major Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    On personal injury and select cases (no family or criminal law cases).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner/Attorney
HK Legal Group, P.A.
- Current
We provide a full array of services to clients in the areas of ral estate law, foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, landlord tenant, eviction, small claims and more!
Attorney, Managing Partner
Klurfeld & Associates
We provide a full array of services to clients in the areas of ral estate law, foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, landlord tenant, eviction, small claims and more!
The Law Offices of Michael H. Merino, P.A.
The Firm handles a variety of legal matters including, real estate transactions and litigation, foreclosure defense litigation, bankruptcy, condominium and homeowners association law, consumer law and business transactions and litigation.
The Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart
Legal intern
The Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart
St. Thomas University
Honors: Dean's List Spring 2011
Activities: Phi Delta Phi Business Law Society Entertainment & Sports Law Society Volunteer Income Tax Association
Professional Associations
Florida Bar Real Property Division
- Current
Florida Bar Young Lawyer's Division
- Current
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Current
Articles & Publications
Technology & Its Effects on the Judicial Process
Missouri Bar Association Precedent Magazine
Florida Bar
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Legal Answers
489 Questions Answered

Q. Can HOA legally tow my car when parked in the street in a non-gated community?
A: Gated has nothing to do with the road being private or public. You would need to pull the HOA docs and plat map and see if they say. Likely if the policy is there then they own the roads as one cannot tow from a public road.
Q. I was hit by an uninsured driver. My car is to totalled and I only have liability coverage from my insurance. What other
A: You could try to sue the other driver personally, but if they have no money or assets to take, you are likely out of luck. You cannot get blood from a stone. That is why carrying UM coverage and adequate coverage is so important. The other problem is you were technically driving uninsured unless his coverage covered also named household family members driving the car and covered. If not elected in his policy, then his insurance may also deny paying out for your accident for the car or injuries now.
Q. Can a Tenant leaving for 10 years in a property in Foreclosure paying association and assessments buy the property?
A: Anyone can bid it is a public auction; or if seller agrees you can buy via a short sale now. You should hire a lawyer before you do anything to make sure there are no other liens on it and help you with the process.
Q. is there a charge to hold monies in an escrow account?
A: Generally yes, no one is going to be responsible for money, collect checks, and write new checks for free. Time is money.
Q. Can a homeowners association foreclose on property that has been demolished and declared uninhabitable by the city?
A: Yes, the covenants run with the land. As long as the land is there assessments are due and unpaid assessments can become a lien
Q. What happens if I am served as the "Unknown Tenant 1" in a lawsuit against the homeowner?
A: Very likely yes as you told them you lived there, and since the bank has to foreclose all interests of everyone who lives there, your name will now be in the lawsuit. It wont have any financial penalty against you, but your name will now appear in a foreclosure in court records. It would have been better to be honest and not had your name involved. Your mother should hire a lawyer ASAP as since you accepted service for her she only has 20 days from the date you took the docs to respond to the lawsuit.
Q. On a Far bar AS IS realtor sales contract can a buyer use the contingency to just back out without inspecting
A: That is what the contract says, " If Buyer determines, in Buyer's sole discretion, that the Property is not acceptable to Buyer, Buyer may terminate this Contract by delivering written notice or such election to Seller prior to expiration of Inspection Period. If Buyer timely terminates this Contract, the Deposit paid shall be returned to Buyer, thereupon, Buyer and Seller shall be released of all further obligations under this Contract" Buyer can back out for ANY reason during the inspection period and get their deposit back; and owe you no evidence. You will simply need to relist.
Q. We are in an upside down situation with a land plot mortgage in Florida. What can we do without hurting our credit?
A: You can short sale it or try to deed in lieu; the bank takes title back and waives the debt. It will be tough to short sale an empty plot though as land sometimes is already a tough sale these days. You should contact a FL attorney
Q. I had a 10 Year HELOC that matured in Dec 2105 with a zero balance. Can the servicer purchase property insurance in
A: Your facts aren't clear. Your loan matured in 2015 (assume that's what 2105 meant)? When was the insurance they are claimed for; what year? If the taxes were for years before 2015 then you may still owe it. State 95.281(c) does address taxes in that "For all obligations, including taxes, paid by the mortgagee, 5 years from the date of payment." So, assuming the taxes were for a year prior to 2015 when the lender has a lien interest to pay the taxes, they have until 5 years after paying the taxes to collect from you.
Click here to see all answers
U.S. Bank v. Bartram
Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal
Click here to see all annotations
Social Media
Contact & Map
1279 W Palmetto Park Rd #272896
1279 W Palmetto Park Rd #272896
Boca Raton, FL 33427
Telephone: (754) 900-2529