"We help good people get through bad times".
Currently my main efforts include Personal Bankruptcy in Chapter 7 & 13 and Business Bankruptcy in Chapter 11. Clients include retirees with limited social security incomes to international small charter jet companies; small to mid sized construction companies; and various other small businesses. Mr. Martin is also a member of the Turnaround Management Association, an organization whose members focus on helping businesses resolve financial difficulties and avoiding bankruptcy or at least getting the most value as a result.
Mr. Martin is also nationally certified construction dispute arbitrator resolving disputes involving construction of new homes and remodeling projects thereby avoiding costly and time consuming litigation between homeowners and builders. Florida has always been a hotbed for construction litigation. If you are having problems reaching agreement in a construction related matter, call Mr. Martin today, and get on the road of resolution.
- Estate Planning
- Foreclosure Defense
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Construction Law
- Consumer Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Free Consultation
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I offer a free initial consultation. Our attorney fees are competitive and payment plans are offered when appropiate. Fees may be paid in installments, but for Chapter 7 cases, all fees must be paid before the bankrutpcy is filed.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Jon L. Martin, Attorney at Law
- Focus in Bankruptcy; Real Estate; Probate; Immigration
- Capital University
- B.A. | Multi-disiplinary degree in Political science;Economics and International Business
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: New World Studies in Portugal and Language/Offshore Real Estate Development and Investment
- University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Honors: Internship: Ohio Supreme Court Internship: U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals Chairman International Law Committee
- Activities: Ohio Supreme Court: Reviewed and Consolidated "Friends of the Court Briefs" for assigned Justice; U.S. 6th Circuit Ct of Appeals: Reviewed, Researched and Provided Counter Points to Court Assigned Mediators for Appellate Arguments presented in the Mediation Process required by the U.S. 6th Circuit prior to actual appellate review. This was a model program initiated by the Court which resolved 47% of appeals prior to hearing. International Law Committee: Coordinated Regional International Law Symposium and directed committee activities.
- University of Cincinnati
- MBA | Master in Business Administration Concentration in Real Estate
- Honors: Debate Team
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Martin County Bar Association
- Chairman of the Bankruptcy Committee
- Florida State Bar # 563927
- - Current
- WILL THE SUPREME COURT OVERRULE “DEWSNUP?”
15 February 2019
- Retirement Funds “Safe” in Bankruptcy? NOT SO FAST!
4 February 2019
- CHAPTER 12?
4 December 2018
- SENIORS: The Next Wave of Bankruptcies?
24 September 2018
- WHAT DOES A BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY ACTUALLY DO BESIDES FILE BANKRUPTCIES?
14 August 2018
- HOW DO I VALUE MY POSSESSIONS WHEN I FILE
11 July 2018
- What to do If You Can’t Afford a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer
26 March 2018
- 10 Don’ts in Preparing to File Bankruptcy
12 February 2018
- How to Find the Best Probate Attorney Port St. Lucie Florida
30 January 2018