Free Consultation: (843) 762-5732Tap to Call This Lawyer
John W. Molony

John W. Molony

Charleston Criminal Lawyer Defending Clients In DUI And All Criminal Matters
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets...
  • South Carolina
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Criminal defense lawyer John W. Molony represents the rights of Charleston clients charged in all criminal matters, including DUI, drug crimes, disorderly conduct and assault. A Charleston native, Mr. Molony graduated from Porter-Gaud School and subsequently obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree from Clemson University, double majoring in English and History. Immediately following college, Mr. Molony earned his Juris Doctor from Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law where he was a member of Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity. Now a solo practitioner defending the rights of Charleston clients charged in all criminal matters, Mr. Molony owns and operates his law firm with a commitment to providing client-centered legal representation, prioritizing personal attention and the goals of his clients. John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC is conveniently located in Charleston at the corner of Maybank Highway and Folly Road on James Island. If you have been arrested or are facing criminal charges in the Charleston area and are interested in retaining Mr. Molony, call now and request a free consultation for a thorough review for your case.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
    Call and Request 30 Minute Free Consultation for Thorough Review of Your Case and Legal Options
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC
- Current
Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Activities: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
Clemson University
B.A. (2004) | English and History
Professional Associations
Charleston County Bar Association Wellness Committee
- Current
South Carolina Bar Wellness Committee
- Current
South Carolina Bar Practice and Procedure Committe
- Current
South Carolina Bar Criminal Law Section
- Current
American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
South Carolina Bar
- Current
Charleston County Bar Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC Criminal Attorney Blog
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. I was stopped the other day by two local officers while leaving the pharmacy. Officer stated I was speeding and ran.
A: Contact a South Carolina criminal defense lawyer as soon as you possibly can, so that they can thoroughly review this matter for you.
Q. I'm being harassed by phone from a south carolina resident and I live in P.a..what are my options for filing suit?
A: As a South Carolina attorney I cannot speak to the law in Pennsylvania. In South Carolina in situations where one feels threatened or in need of protection, one can seek either a Family Court Order Of Protection or a Restraining Order from a Magistrates’ Court. One would seek an Order of Protection through the Family Court in Order to restrain a family member, an ex-spouse, or a boyfriend or girlfriend they live with or even used to live with. One would seek a Restraining Order from a Magistrate in order to restrain some other third party who is stalking or harassing them. Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, you will want to contact either a South Carolina criminal or family law attorney as well as a Pennsylvania criminal attorney to assist you with your legal options in that state.
Q. My fifteen year old is being charged with conspiracy because he knew but didn’t tell what do I do?
A: Retain counsel as soon as possible. Contact a South Carolina criminal defense lawyer immediately to discuss this matter further.
Q. My son was accussed of armed robbery with a concealed weapons he had no weapon and for trespassing
A: South Carolina code section 16-11-330 makes it a felony punishable by at least 10 years in prison to commit “robbery while armed with a pistol, dirk, slingshot, metal knuckles, razor, or other deadly weapon” in this state. Depending on the specific circumstances, this is potentially a serious charge with substantial penalties. Consult with a South Carolina criminal attorney to go over your specific case and all of your potential legal options.
Q. Married less than two years, husband wants out of it, what grounds does he have?
A: In South Carolina, there are five grounds for divorce. Four of these are fault based grounds: 1) Deserstion for more than one year; 2) Adultery; 3) Physical Cruelty; 4) Habitual Drunkenness. A fault based divorce will require one spouse to allege & prove the relevant marital fault of the other spouse, but you are able to file for divorce immediately. The fifth ground for divorce in South Carolina is what is called a “no fault” divorce, and this requires that the two spouses live separate and apart (no nights under the same roof) for at least 365 days prior to the date of filing for divorce. Consult a South Carolina family law attorney for more information about your specific situation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Office Location
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC
125-A Wappoo Creek Dr., Ste. 101-A
Charleston, SC 29412
Telephone: (843) 762-5732
Fax: (843) 762-0026