I am an experienced (26 years) personal injury lawyer who is dedicated to the practice of law and to my clients. While most cases resolve before trial, we aggressively prepare all of our cases so that, if a favorable settlement cannot be obtained, we are ready to go on the offensive from the beginning of the litigation process until its conclusion. We handle personal injury and accident cases (automobile, bicycle, pedestrian, slip and fall) in all areas of Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia, in both state and federal courts.
As a small firm, we're able to give your case the personal attention it deserves. My team and I will handle your case from start to finish, and -- unlike many Washington, DC personal injury lawyers at large firms -- you'll never be passed off to a law clerk or a paralegal. That personalized attention is one reason why I have been named a top personal injury attorney by Washingtonian Magazine the last 7 times they have reviewed attorneys. Additionally, I was awarded the prestigious 'AV' rating from Martindale-Hubbell -- their highest possible rating for legal ability and ethics. I also have a 10.0/10.0 (superb) rating from Avvo.com, a professional review site for attorneys and doctors. Not that all of this isn't important, but nothing is more important than reviews. Please read my reviews on Google and Avvo.
We're located in downtown Washington, DC, one block from the Metro, and would be happy to to discuss your case. Initial consultations are free. Call us at 866-463-0303.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Car Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Free Consultation
Free Initial Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Member
- Mesirow & Associates, PLLC
- - Current
- Law Offices of John B. Mesirow
- Frank, Berstein, Conaway & Goldman
- George Washington University School of Law
- J.D., with Honors | Law
- Honors: The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics, Member
- Miami University of Ohio
- B.S. | Finance
- Top personal injury lawyer
- Northern Virginia Magazine
- Top Washington, D.C. personal injury lawyer
- Washingtonian Magazine
- Seven consecutive times, including in the most recent edition (December 2017)
- "AV" Peer Review Rated Attorney
- District of Columbia Bar
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- John Mesirow's Website Profile
- Mesirow & Associates, PLLC Website
- Legal Juice
- F-bomb Directed At Judge Leads To Contempt Finding
9 June 2017
- You Really Took A Cab To Rob A Bank, And Use As The Getaway Car?
6 June 2016
- You Messed With The Wrong Clerk
2 June 2016
- Can You Get Kicked Out Of Heaven?
30 May 2016
- Yeah, Nobody Does. But Still, You Might Want To Read Those Homeowners Association Rules!
27 May 2016
- “It Was My Twin Brother.” Really? You’re Going With That?
13 March 2016
- Law School? Why Waste Your Money? Just “Esquire” Yourself.
6 March 2016
- Fool Me Once, Shame On Me. Fool Me Four Times?
28 February 2016
- Worst Bank Robber Ever. Not Up For Discussion!
26 February 2016
- Q. After you settle a car accident from the at-fault party can I take the money that is recieved and still file a claim?
- A: No. You can only collect once. The obvious benefit of collecting from the at-fault driver is that you are not out-of-pocket for your deductible (although if the other driver is determined to be at fault, you will get your deductible back). If you need the $250 now, get more aggressive with the other party's adjuster. If the adjuster is not responsive, follow up with his/her supervisor. That usually works. Good luck. (You probably know this, but once you get the check for the repairs, you can use it for whatever you want. You don't need to use it to repair your car.)
- Q. Was injured in an accident in DC but am a resident of MD - where would any lawsuit be filed?
- A: You can file it either in DC where the accident occurred, or where the person who hit your resides. If you were hit by a commercial vehicle that does business in multiple jurisdictions, you may have additional options. You should contact a personal injury lawyer in DC or MD.
- Q. My husband was a freelance writer at the time of his death in a car accident. What is the best way to calculate lost
- A: To maximize the recovery, you will need an economist, and almost certainly a vocational expert. Consult with a personal injury attorney for more information.
- Q. I broke my tooth upon eating some Turkey Jerky from Boar's Head. What is my recourse? The company has left me hanging.
- A: Assuming that you broke your tooth on a piece of bone or something else that should not have been in the Turkey Jerky, you have a claim. Not to minimize what happened, but the problem you may have in finding a lawyer is what appears to be the limited nature of your injury. You should contact a personal injury lawyer in your area to discuss this further.