I grew up in Los Angeles, California, but have lived in Alabama for over 20 years. I graduated from Cumberland School of Law in 1995, passed the bar that year and have practiced across Alabama ever since. My firm is dedicated to protecting Alabama consumers and helping Alabama consumers fight back against illegal foreclosures, abusive debt collectors, identify theft, unfair insurance companies, and negligent businesses that have hurt my clients. We also help Veterans qualify for service and non service related benefits (Aid and Attendance) as well as seniors to qualify for Alabama Medicaid without losing all of their assets. Our mindset is to help you understand your options and the good and the bad of each option for how to deal with your particular situation. If we can help you in any way, please feel free to let us know. You are welcome to visit our websites or blogs to learn more about us. If you contact us, we will send you out a package of information related to whatever issue you are facing so you can review that before you make a decision on what course of action to take. We look forward to helping you....
- Consumer Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Elder Law
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Watts Law Group, PC
- - Current
- I opened my own firm, Watts Law Group, PC, in October 2006 to focus on representing consumers under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, other consumer statutes and to continue to handle serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Yearout & Traylor, PC
- At Yearout & Traylor, PC, a prominent plaintiff's firm in Birmingham, Alabama, I handled personal injury cases (auto wrecks, truck wrecks, etc), train crossing cases, class action cases, consumer litigation (FCRA, FDCPA, Truth in Lending, etc) and securities litigation.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- Honors: Law Review
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Northwest
- B.S / Business Administration
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- - Current
- Alabama Consumer Protection Lawyers
- Fancy “Stealing” — What Mortgage Companies Do In Alabama Wrongful Foreclosures
20 June 2017
- Ferry & Nicholas going out of business in Alabama? What do you do now?
19 June 2017
- “How do I prevent a non judicial foreclosure in Alabama? I want a judge to look at this!”
15 June 2017
- Is bankruptcy the only option to stop an Alabama foreclosure?
14 June 2017
- What are the first steps to take when sued for an old credit card debt in Alabama?
7 April 2017
- What are mass tort lawsuits on defective drugs and medical devices and how do they help you?
30 March 2017
- Are all debt collection lawsuits the same across the country?
28 March 2017
- What does the bankruptcy of CACH (Square Two) mean for collection suits and FDCPA suits?
23 March 2017
- Make sure your lawyer answers all of your questions before hiring the lawyer
15 March 2017
- Alabama Consumer Law Blog
- Definition: Consent Judgment
26 April 2017
- How does the FDCPA help me with abusive debt collectors?
18 April 2017
- Definition: Compensatory Damages
14 April 2017
- FDCPA — Overshadowing of 1692g language in a homeowner’s association collection letter
6 March 2017
- Which collection law firms sue in Alabama for National Collegiate Student Loan Trust?
1 February 2017
- How will I know if I win or lose my debt collection lawsuit in Alabama?
23 January 2017
- Good form dispute letter under FDCPA to send to debt collectors
11 January 2017
- Can I fix my credit reports on my own in Alabama?
16 December 2016
- How to fill out a Small Claims answer form in a debt collection lawsuit in Alabama
15 December 2016
- Alabama Elder Lawyer
- What is the “Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
18 April 2017
- What is the “Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
13 April 2017
- What is the “Individual Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
12 April 2017
- What is the “penalty divisor” for gifts in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
7 April 2017
- What is the “Monthly Personal Needs Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
6 April 2017