I grew up in Los Angeles, California, but have lived in Alabama for over 20 years. I graduated from Cumberland School of Law in 1995, passed the bar that year and have practiced across Alabama ever since. My firm is dedicated to protecting Alabama consumers and helping Alabama consumers fight back against illegal foreclosures, abusive debt collectors, identify theft, unfair insurance companies, and negligent businesses that have hurt my clients. We also help Veterans qualify for service and non service related benefits (Aid and Attendance) as well as seniors to qualify for Alabama Medicaid without losing all of their assets. Our mindset is to help you understand your options and the good and the bad of each option for how to deal with your particular situation. If we can help you in any way, please feel free to let us know. You are welcome to visit our websites or blogs to learn more about us. If you contact us, we will send you out a package of information related to whatever issue you are facing so you can review that before you make a decision on what course of action to take. We look forward to helping you....
- Consumer Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Elder Law
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Watts Law Group, PC
- - Current
- I opened my own firm, Watts Law Group, PC, in October 2006 to focus on representing consumers under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, other consumer statutes and to continue to handle serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Yearout & Traylor, PC
- At Yearout & Traylor, PC, a prominent plaintiff's firm in Birmingham, Alabama, I handled personal injury cases (auto wrecks, truck wrecks, etc), train crossing cases, class action cases, consumer litigation (FCRA, FDCPA, Truth in Lending, etc) and securities litigation.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- Honors: Law Review
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Northwest
- B.S | Business Administration
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- - Current
- Alabama Consumer Protection Lawyers
- What exactly is a foreclosure deed in Alabama?
4 June 2018
- Do I have to file a temporary restraining order (TRO) to stop an Alabama foreclosure?
1 June 2018
- Why does my mortgage company ask for the same documents over and over during a loan modification?
22 May 2018
- What’s the difference between the mortgage, deed, and note in Alabama?
21 May 2018
- If I’m facing foreclosure in Alabama, does my mortgage company have to give me a loan modification?
17 May 2018
- What are the legal foreclosure hours in Alabama?
16 May 2018
- Alabama Debt Collection Lawsuit — Was I served if the papers were given to a family member?
14 May 2018
- What happens at the actual foreclosure sale in Alabama?
14 May 2018
- How do I find out if there’s a judgment against me when I receive lawsuit papers?
13 April 2018
- Alabama Consumer Law Blog
- Definition: Second Mortgage
5 February 2018
- Definition: First Mortgage
1 February 2018
- “How easy is it to beat Velocity Investments LLC in Alabama?”
1 November 2017
- Definition: Complaint in an Alabama debt collection (debt buyer) lawsuit
28 October 2017
- “What should I do if a collection lawyer is sending me collection notices at work?”
21 July 2017
- “Doesn’t Velocity have to tell me that it’s too late to sue me in Alabama?”
20 July 2017
- Can Global Collection Agency collect on a Velocity Investments debt that was last paid in 2007?
17 July 2017
- “A debt collector is calling me and asking about my neighbor. Is that legal?”
12 July 2017
- “Someone came up to my neighbor saying they were trying to find me. How do I fix this?”
7 July 2017
- Alabama Elder Lawyer
- What’s the difference between VA Aid & Attendance and VA Disability?
9 February 2018
- What is the “Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
18 April 2017
- What is the “Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
13 April 2017
- What is the “Individual Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
12 April 2017
- What is the “penalty divisor” for gifts in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
7 April 2017