I grew up in Los Angeles, California, but have lived in Alabama for over 20 years. I graduated from Cumberland School of Law in 1995, passed the bar that year and have practiced across Alabama ever since. My firm is dedicated to protecting Alabama consumers and helping Alabama consumers fight back against illegal foreclosures, abusive debt collectors, identify theft, unfair insurance companies, and negligent businesses that have hurt my clients. We also help Veterans qualify for service and non service related benefits (Aid and Attendance) as well as seniors to qualify for Alabama Medicaid without losing all of their assets. Our mindset is to help you understand your options and the good and the bad of each option for how to deal with your particular situation. If we can help you in any way, please feel free to let us know. You are welcome to visit our websites or blogs to learn more about us. If you contact us, we will send you out a package of information related to whatever issue you are facing so you can review that before you make a decision on what course of action to take. We look forward to helping you....
- Consumer Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Elder Law
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Watts Law Group, PC
- - Current
- I opened my own firm, Watts Law Group, PC, in October 2006 to focus on representing consumers under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, other consumer statutes and to continue to handle serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Yearout & Traylor, PC
- At Yearout & Traylor, PC, a prominent plaintiff's firm in Birmingham, Alabama, I handled personal injury cases (auto wrecks, truck wrecks, etc), train crossing cases, class action cases, consumer litigation (FCRA, FDCPA, Truth in Lending, etc) and securities litigation.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- Honors: Law Review
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Northwest
- B.S | Business Administration
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- - Current
- Alabama Consumer Protection Lawyers
- Is it fair to sue my mortgage company under RESPA after sending a Notice Of Error letter?
21 February 2019
- What to do immediately if you are sued by Portfolio Recovery in Alabama
1 January 2019
- My loved one has been sued by a debt collector: What’s next?
26 November 2018
- Abusive Debt Collectors: Calling you at inconvenient times or places or when you are represented by a lawyer
18 October 2018
- Why do debt collectors and debt buyers lie about receiving a recent payment?
28 August 2018
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) — protecting consumers from abusive debt collectors
30 July 2018
- Can I stay in my house after a foreclosure sale in Alabama or do I have to leave
26 July 2018
- Should I look at my credit reports before I start looking for a house?
24 July 2018
- Alabama Debt Collection Lawsuit Questions — Part Seventeen — What Do You Do Now?
23 July 2018
- Alabama Consumer Law Blog
- Alabama debt collection lawsuit — what is a motion to continue the trial date?
8 October 2018
- Debt collector on your credit report — dispute with collector or with credit bureau?
24 July 2018
- What happened in a debt buyer lawsuit trial today in Alabama
16 July 2018
- Heading to a Summary Judgment Hearing Filed By Investment Retrievers Inc (A Debt Buyer)
6 July 2018
- Definition: Second Mortgage
5 February 2018
- Definition: First Mortgage
1 February 2018
- “How easy is it to beat Velocity Investments LLC in Alabama?”
1 November 2017
- Definition: Complaint in an Alabama debt collection (debt buyer) lawsuit
28 October 2017
- “What should I do if a collection lawyer is sending me collection notices at work?”
21 July 2017
- Alabama Elder Lawyer
- What’s the difference between VA Aid & Attendance and VA Disability?
9 February 2018
- What is the “Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
18 April 2017
- What is the “Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
13 April 2017
- What is the “Individual Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
12 April 2017
- What is the “penalty divisor” for gifts in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
7 April 2017