I grew up in Los Angeles, California, but have lived in Alabama for over 20 years. I graduated from Cumberland School of Law in 1995, passed the bar that year and have practiced across Alabama ever since. My firm is dedicated to protecting Alabama consumers and helping Alabama consumers fight back against illegal foreclosures, abusive debt collectors, identify theft, unfair insurance companies, and negligent businesses that have hurt my clients. We also help Veterans qualify for service and non service related benefits (Aid and Attendance) as well as seniors to qualify for Alabama Medicaid without losing all of their assets. Our mindset is to help you understand your options and the good and the bad of each option for how to deal with your particular situation. If we can help you in any way, please feel free to let us know. You are welcome to visit our websites or blogs to learn more about us. If you contact us, we will send you out a package of information related to whatever issue you are facing so you can review that before you make a decision on what course of action to take. We look forward to helping you....
- Consumer Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Elder Law
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Watts Law Group, PC
- - Current
- I opened my own firm, Watts Law Group, PC, in October 2006 to focus on representing consumers under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, other consumer statutes and to continue to handle serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Yearout & Traylor, PC
- At Yearout & Traylor, PC, a prominent plaintiff's firm in Birmingham, Alabama, I handled personal injury cases (auto wrecks, truck wrecks, etc), train crossing cases, class action cases, consumer litigation (FCRA, FDCPA, Truth in Lending, etc) and securities litigation.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- Honors: Law Review
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Northwest
- B.S / Business Administration
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- - Current
- Alabama Consumer Protection Lawyers
- How we help mortgage professionals fix their clients’ credit report errors
17 August 2017
- How much can I get in statutory damages under the FDCPA?
15 August 2017
- Sued by Capital One in Alabama Small Claims Court? Discover answers to Your questions now.
8 August 2017
- Taking the Alabama Bar? Bad credit can prevent you from sitting for the Bar!
4 August 2017
- My debt collection lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice — now what?
3 August 2017
- Where can I sue debt collectors under the FDCPA — state or federal court?
2 August 2017
- “Can I really be sued in Alabama if I’m broke?”
25 July 2017
- “If I get an ejectment or vacate notice after an Alabama foreclosure, is there anything I can do?”
24 July 2017
- “Why does debt buyer who sued me have to prove it owns the debt?”
20 July 2017
- Alabama Consumer Law Blog
- “What should I do if a collection lawyer is sending me collection notices at work?”
21 July 2017
- “Doesn’t Velocity have to tell me that it’s too late to sue me in Alabama?”
20 July 2017
- Can Global Collection Agency collect on a Velocity Investments debt that was last paid in 2007?
17 July 2017
- “A debt collector is calling me and asking about my neighbor. Is that legal?”
12 July 2017
- “Someone came up to my neighbor saying they were trying to find me. How do I fix this?”
7 July 2017
- “My mother’s neighbors are being called by debt collectors repeatedly asking for my mom. What should I do?”
6 July 2017
- Definition: Consent Judgment
26 April 2017
- How does the FDCPA help me with abusive debt collectors?
18 April 2017
- Definition: Compensatory Damages
14 April 2017
- Alabama Elder Lawyer
- What is the “Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
18 April 2017
- What is the “Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
13 April 2017
- What is the “Individual Resource Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
12 April 2017
- What is the “penalty divisor” for gifts in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid for long term care in a nursing home?
7 April 2017
- What is the “Monthly Personal Needs Allowance” in 2017 for Alabama Medicaid long term care in a nursing home
6 April 2017