My education is rooted in the University of Southern California and culminated with a Bachelor of Science and MBA at Valley Christian University. I graduated from the University of La Verne School of Law in Woodland Hills, California. I am a hands-on, solo, general practitioner and I have been practicing law in the San Fernando Valley serving Los Angeles and Ventura counties. Since 2009 I have actively prticipated in the Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles County Superior Courts. This is a volunteer, non-paid public service.
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
I give free telephone and follow-up office consultations.
Credit Cards Accepted
I accept Visacard and MasterCard. I also accept American Express but there is a surcharge.
Cases that are usual contingency fees are personal injury cases and employment law.
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
- Valley Univ
- Undergraduate Degree
- Univ of LaVerne COL
- Law Degree
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- - Current
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- - Current
- California State Bar  # 204585
- - Current
- Q. Can I terminate the lease of a tenant in a rent control area who has occupied the rental for less than 12 months?
- A: Here is the updated version. While the current moratorium rules are in place you cannot evict a tenant based upon the information that you have given. The rules change fairly often but they have been giving tenants more rights - not less. Encourage them to pay rent in the meantime; however, there are strict rules about 'harassment' of tenants by demanding rent when the tenant has already claimed their finances have affected their ability to pay rent pursuant to COVID-19. Also there are notices that you need to provide them and you are entitled to 25% of the rent beginning September 1, 2020. There is information that you are also entitled to. You should consult an attorney.
- Q. Tenant no longer paying rent and no COVID loss best way to start an eviction. We wanting to take unit off rental market?
- A: First of all you need to retain an attorney in the area where the property is located. Most cities have COBVID-19 regulations, as well as the State of California, that have a moratoriun on evictions for any reason until next year. The rules are a bit tricky and can change at any time.
- Q. Selling Single Family Home Rented Out Month to Month Lease, Tenant Current on Rent
- A: Diffirent counties and municipalities have their own recently passed ordinances and rules regarding eviction moratoriums that some prevent evictions through January 31, 2021. You should retain an attorney in the area where the property is located.