Free Consultation: (571) 245-4556Tap to Call This Lawyer
John Andrew Maghamez

John Andrew Maghamez

  • Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate Law ...
  • Virginia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I played football at the University of Virginia where I finished on the dean's list and played in the Chik Fil A Bowl. I then proceeded to attend Liberty University School of Law where I finished top 5 in my class and Magna Cum Laude. My practice consists of Estate Planning, Estate Probate, Trusts, Trust Administration, Tax Planning, Real Estate, Small Business Law. and Sports and Entertainment Law. I am very active in sports and entertainment law and have a sports agency, Crown Endeavors Sports Agency that represents coaches and players.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Entertainment & Sports Law
    Elder Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Branch Manager/ Legal Counsel
Keith Barrett PLLC
- Current
Legal Counsel
Kase and Associates, PC
Associate Attorney
Gilbert, Bird, Sharpes & Robinson
The Honorable William Petty
Summer Legal Associate
Octagon, Inc.
Summer Legal Associate
K2M Inc.
Liberty University School of Law
J.D. (2015) | Real Estate, Estate Planning
Honors: - Magna Cum Laude - Dean's List - Top 5 in Class, - Highest Class Grade in Civil Procedure - Highest Class Grade in Real Estate Transactions - President of Sports and Entertainment Law Society - 1st Place in the National Basketball Negotiation Competition - 1L Moot Court Finalist - Student Development Editor of the Liberty University Law Review
Activities: Student Development Editor of the Liberty University Law Review - President/Founder of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society - Member of the Federalist Society
Liberty University School of Law Logo
University of Virginia
B.A. (2012) | Political Science, Government
Honors: Dean's List - Student Athlete Honor Roll -
Activities: Member of the UVA Football Team - Writer for the Cavalier Daily Newspaper
University of Virginia Logo
Highest GPA in Real Estate Transactions
Magna Cum Laude
Liberty University School of Law
First Place
National Basketball Negotiation Competition
Highest GPA in Civil Procedure
3rd place out of 80
Liberty University Moot Court Competition
Dean's List
University of Virginia
Student Athlete Honor Roll
University of Virginia
Varsity Letter Winner
University of Virginia Football
Professional Associations
Virginia State Bar  # 89371
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Franklin County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
How O'Bannon v. NCAA Forever Changed College Athletics
Liberty University Law Review
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
58 Questions Answered
Q. Can't find my fathers original will (have copy). Must be named administrator instead of executor. What's the differnece?
A: As administrators several things are different. 1) you will have to post a bond with the court which isn't cheap. 2) you will not have the ability to sell the real estate until probate is completely closed out barring a request of permission with the court. However, there may be a way around that and I would recommend speaking with an attorney.
Q. My grandmother a resident of Maryland passed away with me in Virginia where do we start probate and register her will
A: You would probate it in maryland, the state of her primary residence aka domicile.
Q. I have a property held as an LLC. The tenant has failed to pay their first months rent now -have give 5 day notice
A: no but i would recommend it.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
JM Legal
Richmond, VA, USA
Cell: (571) 245-4556
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.