Jina Ly Clark

Jina Ly Clark

Clark Law and Associates, LLC
  • Personal Injury, Animal & Dog Law, Criminal Law ...
  • Oregon, Washington
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Member of the Oregon State Bar since 2000 Member of the Oregon Federal Bar since 2000 Member of Washington State Bar since 2010. I practice in a variety of areas of the law, which is useful when there are overlapping legal issues. We offer a free phone consultation for the following types of cases:
Personal Injury
Motor vehicle accidents
Dog bites
Premises/Product Liability
Criminal Defense
Criminal Expungements
Police Misconduct
Breach of Contract
For landlord/tenant cases, we must do a consultation prior to taking information, as we represent both landlords and tenants. Our initial consultation for landlord/tenant matters is $200.00 with our normal hourly rate of $300.00/hour thereafter or we sometimes accept cases on a contingency fee basis for tenants after the initial consultation. Please call (503) 238-1010 and do not email regarding landlord/tenant cases if you are not a current client.

Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Animal & Dog Law
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
White Collar Crime
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
Legal Malpractice
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • General Civil
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I only accept contingency fees in personal injury cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Landlord Tenant Cases: We charge $300.00 for the first hour for landlord/tenant consultations. For tenants we sometimes accept cases on a contingency fee basis after the initial consultation fee is paid. Please do NOT email us on landlord/tenant cases, as we have to do a conflicts check prior to scheduling. Criminal Defense: Flat fee or hourly Stalking/Restraining Orders: Flat fee or hourly. Expungements: Flat fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Clark Law and Associates, LLC
University of California College of the Law, San Francisco
J.D. (1997) | Juris Doctoral
Activities: Women's Law Journal
University of California College of the Law, San Francisco Logo
Portland State University
B.S. | Philosophy
Honors: Incidental Fee Committee Chair Person
Portland State University Logo
Wallace High School
High School Valedictorian (1984) | General
Honors: Valedictorian
Placeholder image for education.
Trademark Who's Who Honors Edition
Who's Who
Member ID 115952
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 000319
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Federal Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Juris Doctoral Degree
Hastings College of the Law
Websites & Blogs
Law Firm Website
Portland Personal Injury Law Blog
Legal Answers
73 Questions Answered
Q. i live in oregon, with other people and the owners dog is vicious and attacks my dog, i dont know what to do
A: Make a complaint to your local animal control. Find out if the dog owner is a homeowner or has renter's insurance. You are entitled to be reimbursed for any vet bills the vicious dog causes to your dog. If a human is attacked, the human is entitled to non-economic damages for pain, suffering and inconvenience in addition to expenses, such as medical or lost income. If the dog owner is a renter, make a complaint to the owner of the property the dog resides and put the complaint in writing. Send it via first class mail with a proof of mailing which should cost around a dollar. If you mail certified, mail certified in addition to a first class mailing so the property owner is on the hook for potential liability if they do not address the issue. ... Read More
Q. How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?
A: You did not state what city the injury happened. In Portland, the homeowner or business is responsible for maintaining the sidewalk in front of their home or business. They should have either business or homeowners insurance. Be sure to get some photos of the sidewalk that you tripped on. Hopefully, you had a witness who helped you obtain prompt medical attention.
Q. My wife was hit while driving her car, after the other driver failed to yield right of way at his stop sign.
A: If you settle with the at-fault party for the contested vehicle amount and sign a release, you will most likely preclude any settlement or award for the injury settlement. You can accept the uncontested amount offered provided you do not have to sign a release. If you think you are being lowballed on the amount, you can hire an expert to give you an appraisal of your vehicle. The difference between the amount they give and the amount the expert states your vehicle is worth will need to be resolved when the injury portion of the case is resolved after treatment is completed. If you are in Oregon, you have a two-year statute of limitations.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Clark Law and Associates, LLC
6501 S Macadam Ave Suite E
Portland, OR 97239
Telephone: (503) 238-1010
Fax: (503) 238-1212
Monday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.