Jessica H. DixonEthos: educate, advocate, & empower clients for their resilience
- Family Law, Divorce, Estate Planning
Jessica graduated summa cum laude from Otterbein University (Columbus, OH) with a major in Political Science/Government & triple minor in Psychology, Speech Communication, & Legal Studies. She graduated second in her law school class with highest honors from the HBU, North Carolina Central University School of Law (Durham, NC), earning a Juris Doctor & Certificate in Dispute Resolution.
Her diverse legal experience includes legislative and policy evaluation, judicial internships, litigation, and mediation/settlement negotiation/alternative dispute resolution.
In 2014, Jessica joined The Cooper Law Firm, P.C. (Virginia Beach, VA) to form its successful family law division. In May 2019, was named Partner & later Senior Vice President. In March 2023 her partner was appointed to the bench & Jessica took the opportunity to launch her own firm, Resilience Law Group, PLLC.
Jessica has developed expertise in military family matters & is a strong supporter of service members & their families. She also is knowledgeable of LGBTQ+ family matters & was a first in Hampton Roads to file & obtain a divorce for a same sex couple (2015) & establish parentage of a child conceived via assisted conception during a same-sex marriage.
She's earned numerous recognitions for her services, including Virginia Business “Legal Elite"; Super Lawyers “Rising Star”; Walter E. Hoffman Community Service Award from Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association; Inside Business “Top Forty under 40"; Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Lawyer” of Adoption, Marital, and Family Law; and Virginia Lawyers Weekly “Influential Women of Law.”
Jessica has a strong sense of civic duty and is active in her community. Some past & current involvements include: U.S. Navy Ombudsman; Virginia Beach Bar Association “Concerned Lawyers Advocating Spousal Safety” (C.L.A.S.S.) participant; ABA Military Pro Bono volunteer attorney; numerous City of Chesapeake Committees; Coaching NPBA Trial Competitions; etc.
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Estate Planning
- Power of Attorney
- Microsoft Teams
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We accept all forms of payment via secure LawPay: credit card, cash, money order, certified or cashier's check, and bank payments. We even offer financing via ClientCredit! Consultations are offered as discounted fees.
- Virginia State Bar
- ID Number: 85953
- North Carolina Central University School of Law
- J.D. (2013) | Juris Doctor & Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Honors: Ranked 2nd in class; summa cum laude
- Activities: -North Carolina Central Law Review — Staff Editor of Vol. 34 and Special Senior Editor of Vol. 35 -Secretary of the Class of 2013 -2L/3L Ringer Mock Trial Competition, Participant -Academic Tutor of Property I and Property II for Professor Dorothy D. Nachman
- Otterbein College
- B.A. | Political Science & Government (Minors in Legal Studies, Speech Communication, and Psychology)
- Honors: GPA: 3.98 summa cum laude; -Ketner Speech Prize and Most Valuable Debater Award; -Otterbein University Leadership and Community Service Awards; -Political Science Departmental Honorable Mention and Scholarship Recipient
- Activities: -Debate Team, Captain; -Judicial Council, Chair; -Orientation Leader and Resident Assistant; -Diversity Education Scholar Involved in Reaching and Educating (DESIRE)
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Legal Elite
- Virginia Business
- Influential Women of Law
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Walter E. Hoffman Community Service Award
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association (NPBA)
- Top Forty under 40
- Inside Business
- Top Lawyer” of Adoption, Marital, and Family Law
- Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Pro Bono Service Honor Roll member
- Virginia Access to Justice Commission
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association (NPBA)
- Virginia State Bar  # 85953
- - Current
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.