Free Consultation: (405) 679-4979Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jessica Brown

Jessica Brown

Resurge Legal, PLLC
  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law
  • Oklahoma
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

A message from Jessica: "I grew up in Oklahoma raising and training Quarter Horses. All of my best memories growing up included horses and my little brothers (who aren't so little anymore). When I was 11, I knew that I wanted to be an attorney because attorneys could help people when no one else could. That's why I still enthusiastically choose this challenging profession each day."

Jessica represents individuals and businesses in a range of civil litigation matters. Her representation has included, among a variety other things, defending wrongful termination claims against companies, breach of contract disputes, and advising companies about employment disputes and best practices.

Jessica graduated Magna Cum Laude from Oklahoma City University School of Law in two and a half years. She was an Assistant Resource Editor with the Oklahoma City University Law Review and received the Law Review’s award for Excellence in Technical Editing. During her second year, she served as President of the Federal Bar Association, Law Student Division, and was a Holloway Scholar. While pursuing her Juris Doctor, Jessica served as a judicial intern at the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals with Judge Brian Goree and Judge Barbara Swinton. She also externed with the American Civil Liberties Union of Oklahoma where she worked on civil justice issues.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Video Conferencing
  • Dialpad
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
ID Number: 33725
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and managing member
Resurge Legal, PLLC
- Current
Previously known as Jessica L. Brown, PLLC
Licensed Legal Intern; Associate Attorney
Aizenman Law Group
Summer Judicial Intern
Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals
Oklahoma City University School of Law
J.D. (2018) | Law
Honors: Magna cum laude
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
Justice Yvonne Kauger Outstanding Female Graduate Award
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Law Review Award for Excellence in Technical Editing
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 33725
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
License to Practice Law in Oklahoma
Oklahoma Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
57 Questions Answered
Q. I have a friend who is being beaten and abused by her boyfriend almost to the point to where she's about to be murdered
A: If you’re asking what to do, your friend needs to safety plan with a domestic violence expert. DVIS is a DV provider in Tulsa who can help her. Often, it’s more dangerous to immediately file a VPO or to involve the police without any safety plan at all.

She can also contact the YWCA. After she gets a safety plan, she has legal remedies through the courts in the form of protective orders, restraining orders, maybe criminal charges, etc.
Q. My ex husband had his rights terminated to my children and he is trying to contact daughter
A: If you are looking for guidance, you could look to any exit order you have if you still have your parental rights intact.
Q. I’m 17 I’ll be 18 in four months my mom always cusses me out and says I need to be responsible for my siblings.
A: First, that's a lot and this is probably really heavy on you.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for you and what you want to do. You have a bunch of different options, but they all come with different explanations and consequences.

If your goal is for you to be away and safe, you can maybe get emancipated. Or your mom might leave you to your own devices since you're almost 18 and let you not live with her.

If your goal is to protect your siblings, you can call the DHS Child Abuse Reporting Hotline at 1.800.522.3511 so DHS and maybe the police will check on your siblings. If they determine your siblings are not safe, they can remove them from your mother and put them somewhere safe.

It's hard to give any more specific information without knowing more about your situation. Hang in there.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Jessica L Brown PLLC
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Telephone: (405) 679-4979
Cell: (405) 679-4979
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.