Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
N. District Fed Court, Illinois
Bentz Law Firm, LLC
* Directly meet with each client to determine client's goals and develop personalized debt plan.
* Negotiate debt settlements on behalf of clients and communicate with creditors regarding debt repayment and favorable interest rates.
* Attend meeting of creditors with consumer bankruptcy clients.
* Represent clients in Federal Court at all manner of proceedings from confirmation through case completion.
Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
Robert J. Semrad & Associates ("Debtstoppers")
* Created individualized Chapter 13 Bankruptcy repayment plans.
* Communicated with creditors, Secretary of State, and utility companies on behalf of bankruptcy clients.
* Prepared and filed Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy voluntary petitions.
* Provided debt analysis consultations to hundreds of bankruptcy clients.
Office of the State Attorney, 9th Circuit
*Directly responsible to Bureau Chief for prosecution proceedings of over 600 criminal felony, juvenile, and misdemeanor cases.
* Represented State of Florida at all stages of litigation proceedings, some of which include: filing decisions, arraignments, contempt hearings, discovery hearings, depositions, plea negotiations, and violation of probation.
* Litigated over 25 jury and non-jury trials.
* Experienced writer, drafted and presented argument in response to notices of expiration of speedy trial, motions for incompetancy, motions to suppress,emergency petitions for medical treatment, expungement, and others.
Attorny Ad Litem- CLI
Children & Families Legal Clinic
* Represented minors adjudicated dependant in all phases of court preparation.
* Argued on behalf of the child's best iterests at judicial review hearings, status and compliance hearings, order to show cause hearings and termination of parental rights proceedings.
* Conducted extensive research on social security benefits for dependant children.
J.D. | Law
Honors: *Book Award: Evidence;
*CLI Attorney ad Litem in Dependancy landmark case regarding social security benefits to dependant children.
B.A. | Focus: Communications & Government Propaganda
Honors: Represented Stetson University at Hong Kong University while studying interculteral communications; Successfully completed intense language imersion program at Universidad de Completense in Madrid, Spain.
University of Tulsa College of Law
Northern District of Indiana -Federal Court
Northern District of Illinois -Federal Court
Illinois Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Florida State Bar
Legal Education- ISBA
Documenting the Commercial Deal: Loans, Leases, and Mortgages
Activities: Continuing Education Course on Collection Problems, Mortgage terms, and related issues.