(913) 381-2085Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jerry MerrillBe confident in your defense
- Criminal Law
- Kansas, Missouri
Claimed Lawyer ProfileBlawg Search
Johnson County criminal defense attorney Jerry Merrill is an experienced trial attorney who began his career as a judicial law clerk. As a former prosecutor, he has handled cases ranging from misdemeanors to high-level felonies. Jerry utilizes his insight into the way judges and prosecutors analyze cases as well as his trial experience to tirelessly pursue the best result for clients as a defense lawyer. He also substitutes for judges as a judge pro tem in the Johnson County District Court.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Merrill Law Firm
- - Current
- Starting as a prosecutor and now as a criminal defense attorney, special counsel for serious felonies, and pro tempore judge, Jerry Merrill has handled thousands of cases from low-level misdemeanors to serious felonies. Whether you need to mitigate the consequences of a mistake or aggressively fight an unfair charge, Jerry will fight to help you get the best outcome possible.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Missouri Western State University
- B.S. | Criminal Justice
- Rising Star
- Best of the Bar
- Kansas City Business Journal
- State Bar of Kansas  # 23995
Articles & Publications
- Death Penalty
- UMKC Law Review
Websites & Blogs
- Attorney Profile
- Johnson County Criminal Defense Attorney
- Domestic Violence Lawyer
- Johnson County Criminal Defense Attorney Blog
- Child Pornography and Sentencing Guidelines
March 31, 2021
- Exonerations of the Wrongfully Accused
February 26, 2021
- What Happens Next? Our Johnson County Drug Crime Attorney Discusses the Penalties for DUI in Kansas
February 12, 2021
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.