Free Consultation: (503) 206-6401Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jeremy R. James

Jeremy R. James

Southwest Portland Law Group, LLC
  • Personal Injury, Real Estate Law, Elder Law ...
  • Oregon
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Jeremy practices in the areas of personal injury, property, and commercial litigation, business and real estate transactions, and estate planning and probate matters. Jeremy possesses a broad range of experience representing clients on a variety of matters in state and federal court and before mediators and arbitrators. He also has experience working on appellate matters before the Oregon Court of Appeals and Oregon Supreme Court.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Elder Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
    Products Liability
    Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Southwest Portland Law Group, LLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Merrill & Ropp, LLP
Associate Attorney
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester, LLP
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. (2012) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude, Cornelius Honor Society, Keller Business Scholar
Activities: Articles Editor, Lewis and Clark Law Review
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
University of Colorado - Boulder
B.A. (2004) | English Literature
University of Colorado - Boulder Logo
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 123506
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Firm Website
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered
Q. does a co-owner to property have to sign the contract
A: Much more information is required to answer this question. Are you inquiring about real estate or personal property? What sort of contract and legal matters are you referring to? Without this information there really is no way to provide any meaningful resposne. Please post a little more about your issue, but keep in mind that this is a public forum and personal identifying information should not be disclosed. Thank you.
Q. I would like to know what my personal liability is as a management employee.
A: More information is required before this question can be fully answered. Generally speaking, employees of businesses, even managers, are not liable for liabilities of the business entity, although an employee may be held liable for their own wrongful conduct. On the other hand, owners of a business may in certain circumstances be held personally liable for liabilities of the business. For those owners, a lot depends on the way the business is organized, registered, and operated. However, it is very unlikely an employee of a business could be held personally liable for a workplace injury, unless the employee was directly involved in causing or contributing to the accident. Disclaimer: I am not your attorney. The information shared here is not intended to be legal advice.
Q. what practice area covers mentally ill persons and their inability to maintain their own care?
A: I am sorry to hear about your sister's situation. It sounds like you or someone else in the family should consult with an attorney who handles guardianships. That attorney may recommend petitioning a court to appoint you or another qualified individual as your sister's guardian. Typically, a guardian assumes control of a protected person's affairs and must report to the court and any other interested persons from time to time. Good luck with a very difficult situation. Disclaimer: I am not your attorney. The information shared here is not intended to be legal advice.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Southwest Portland Law Group, LLC
Estate Planning, Personal Injury, and Business Attorneys
8235 SW Oleson Rd., Ste. C
Portland, OR 97223
Telephone: (503) 206-6401
Fax: (503) 214-8962
8235 SW Oleson Rd., Suite C
Portland, OR 97223
Telephone: (503) 206-6401
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.