Jennifer Sheila Kornblum

Jennifer Sheila Kornblum

Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Republic, and surrounding areas
  • Real Estate Law, Business Law, Landlord Tenant ...
  • Missouri
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&AResponsive Law

I have been an attorney since 1992, and am also a licensed Realtor. I started in California, and moved to Missouri in 2005. My practice areas are business law, contracts, dispute resolution, real estate, landlord-tenant, wills and trusts, and estate planning. I have a broad-base of experience and enjoy working with individuals and small businesses. I am self-employed and keep flexible hours to accommodate your schedule.

Practice Areas
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Construction Law
    Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
Additional Practice Areas
  • General Civil
  • Business Dispute Resolution
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Wills & Trusts
  • Contract Law
  • Business Transactions (Buy/Sell Agreements)
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Zoom
  • WebEx
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MC, Amex, and checks
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Southwestern University School of Law
J.D. (1992) | Law
Southwestern University School of Law Logo
University of California - Berkeley
B.A. (1988) | Legal Studies
University of California - Berkeley Logo
Professional Associations
Missouri State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
My Website
Legal Answers
145 Questions Answered
Q. If my dad passed away with out a will but I have screenshots of the conversation him and I had hours before his death
A: In Missouri, an oral will is generally not valid. There is an exception but not in the circumstances you describe. Missouri requires a person's last will to be in writing and witnessed and notarized. I'm afraid your father's statements on facebook messenger will not be enforced by a court. If you are uncertain about your rights to your father's estate, you should consult a probate attorney.
Q. What are the consequences if buyer is backing out of contract because mortgage payment is higher?
A: If your transaction is written on the Missouri Association of Realtors form contract that many Realtors use, then closing is likely contingent on financing as well as inspections and possibly other factors. If any of these contingencies is not met the buyer is able to cancel the contract without penalty. But no matter what, the answer to your question is in the contract. If you are not sure whether the buyer has breached the contract you should have an attorney review it.
Q. Does it matter that a sell for a residential property was written on a commercial contract?
A: As long as the contract identifies the property, the price, and the parties to the transaction, using the form for a commercial sale instead of a residential sale will not void the transaction. It may cause some confusion about some of the other details, however. If that occurs, you may want to consult an attorney to "clean up" some of the areas of confusion.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
4736 W Burbank St
Springfield, MO 65802
Telephone: (573) 552-1443
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.