Jennifer Lynn Cervantes

Jennifer Lynn Cervantes

Cervantes & Cervantes, PLC
  • Construction Law, Immigration Law, Business Law
  • Maryland, Virginia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
Construction Law
Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
D.C. Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Cervantes & Cervantes, PLC
Liberty University School of Law
Liberty University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
AILA member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia State Bar  # 83726
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Cervantes & Cervantes, PLC
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. I am a US citizen. My husband's 2-year green card expired 3 years ago (while overseas). Can he get 10-year card now?
A: You really need to contact an immigration attorney.

From what I understood from your question: he obtained his green card based on your marriage and obtained a conditional 2 yr. green card. He then left country and remained overseas.

In order to remain a permanent resident, a conditional permanent resident must file a petition to remove the condition during the 90 days before the card expires. To remove the conditions on a green card based on marriage, you must have filed Form I-751,Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence.

During this time there were residency requirements, which your husband failed to meet. There may be other remedial measures for your husband at this point but more information would be necessary. You really need to contact an immigration attorney. ... Read More
Q. My huband wasn't deported he had to leave the states due to a family emergency. What does he need to return?
A: It really depends on the specific circumstances of your case. I would recommend that you contact an immigration attorney immediately.

Generally, if a person overstays their visa, they will be subject to the 3 and 10 year bars provisions of the law which prohibit applicants from returning to the United States if they depart after having previously been in the country illegally.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Primary Office
4520 Plank Rd., Suite 102
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Telephone: (540) 684-6621
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.