Jeff Vandrew Jr

Jeff Vandrew Jr

Vandrew LLC: Law Offices of Jeff Vandrew Jr, Attorney-CPA
  • Estate Planning, Elder Law, Probate ...
  • New Jersey
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Traditional estate planning isn’t cutting it anymore. The typical will and estate plan can result in your in laws snatching assets that were meant for your grandchildren. To sort out this mess, you need more than a generalist. Dual-licensed as both an Attorney and a CPA, this is why I’ve chosen to restrict my practice to two areas: estate planning and tax. I’m also Board-Certified as an Estate Planning Law Specialist by the ABA-accredited Estate Law Specialist Board. With multiple office locations, if you’re looking for a tax or estate planning attorney near Toms River, Red Bank, Freehold, Old Bridge, Atlantic/Cape, or throughout the country, I can help you create a stable and secure future for you and your loved ones. Having lived in New Jersey my entire life, and having practiced in New Jersey my entire career, there’s a good chance I’ve helped one of your friends, relatives, or colleagues in the past. I’d like to help you as well.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Elder Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Tax Law
    Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Vandrew LLC: Law Offices of Jeff Vandrew Jr, Attorney-CPA
- Current
Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
J.D. (2007) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar  # 017362007
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Association of Attorney-CPAs
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Capital Gains on Cryptocurrency
Brave New Coin
5 Things Bitcoin Owners Must Do in Estate Planning
Past the Cliff: The Future of State Estate Tax Planning
New Jersey Law Journal
Not Business as Usual: A Major Shift in NJ LLC Law
New Jersey Law Journal
Speaking Engagements
Ultimate Trusts Guide, NBI, Princeton, NJ
Estate Planning, Somerset, NJ
Foxmoor Continuing Education
Tax Consequences of Trusts, Estate Planning and Administration, Atlantic City, NJ
Trusts, Foxmoor Seminar, Piscataway, NJ
Certified Public Accountant
New Jersey State Board of Accountancy
New Jersey State Bar
Estate Planning Law Specialist
Estate Specialist Law Board (accredited by the American Bar Assoc)
Certified Financial Planner
CFP Board of Standards
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered
Q. Own a house with ex-husband who has dementia. Accoding to our wills I inherit his and he inherits mine. Do I need a
A: Assuming his IRA is a traditional and nor Roth IRA, you will pay income tax as you withdraw the funds. However, NJ law often invalidates Wills which leave property to ex-spouses if the Wills date back before the divorce. In addition to everything else I mentioned, if your ex-husband ends up needing nursing home care, his share of the home could also be lost under the NJ Medicaid estate recovery program if pre-planning isn't done. Medicaid planning is tricky; I do it as part of my practice. The foregoing was for discussion only and was not legal advice. -Jeff Vandrew Jr, Attorney-CPA,, Disclaimer:
Q. If a Contractor does not pay the supplier for materials used to repair my home, Can a lein be put on my house?
A: Usually the answer to this question is yes they can, so long as the proper procedures are followed by the party that didn't get paid. The only upside is that you can never be liable to anyone with a construction lien on your home for more money than you were originally supposed to pay the contractor. You can contact me if you want to discuss more specifics. The foregoing was for discussion only and was not legal advice. -Jeff Vandrew Jr, Attorney-CPA,, Disclaimer:
Q. What is the procedure to amend the bylaws of a corporation incorporated in New Jersey?
A: Check the current bylaws and Certificate of Incorporation. They should contain the procedure for their own amendment. The foregoing is for discussion purposes only and is not legal advice. Jeff Vandrew Jr, Attorney-CPA, Disclaimer:
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Monmouth County
331 Newman Springs Rd, Suite 143
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Ocean County
Toms River, NJ 08755
Ocean City, NJ 08226
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.