Jeff  Anderson

Jeff Anderson

  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Southern Methodist University
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 00790232
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Family Law
Texas State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Orsinger, Nelson, Downing and Anderson, LLP
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. What is he bought it after we got married???
A: Community property is divided when you get divorced. So what is community property? Unless there was a pre-marital or post-marital agreement, then it's generally going to be everything either of you own, no matter whose name it's in, with a few exceptions. If he had it before you got married, it's his separate property. If he got it as a gift, even a gift from you, it's his separate property. If he got it by way of inheritance, then it's his separate property. There are some other exceptions, but those are the most common.
Q. If spouse refuses to give divorce
A: Every divorce starts with the filing of an Original Petition for Divorce. Once it is filed, the Court does not have the authority to grant your divorce for sixty days. But the 60 days is only a minimum time period. If your divorce takes longer, your lawsuit will not be dismissed. After the Petition is filed, several things can happen, though they don't always have to happen. There can be temporary orders, discovery, mediation, arbitration, and eventually trial.

If your spouse does not want the divorce, then he or she may try to convince the Court that there is a reasonable expectation of reconciliation. The likelihood of that happening is very remote and as a practical matter, if one party wants a divorce, they will get it. Without any agreement from your spouse, you will eventually have to set your case for trial and let the Judge grant your divorce. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Orsinger, Nelson, Downing & Anderson LLP
Suite 808
Dallas, TX 75225
Toll-Free: (972) 248-8383
Telephone: (214) 441-6953
Cell: (972) 248-8383
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.