Free Consultation: (480) 550-8697Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jay HallHall Underwood PLLC
- Divorce, Family Law, Business Law
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Consultations are always free at Hall Underwood PLLC.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We offer flexible flat fees and affordable payment plans in most matters.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Attorney
- Hall Underwood PLLC
- - Current
- Recognized as one of the top law firms in Scottsdale, our talented attorneys handle virtually all types of litigation, including divorce and family law, business, and complex civil litigation. Consultations are free.
- Associate Attorney
- Gurstel Chargo, PA
- High volume civil litigation
- Ryley Carlock & Applewhite
- DePaul College of Law
- J.D. (2011) | Law
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. (2007) | Psychology
- Best General Litigation Firm - Scottsdale, Arizona
- Best Businesses
- Hall Underwood, PLLC has been selected for the 2014 Best Businesses of Scottsdale Award in the General Litigation category by the Best Businesses of Scottsdale Award Program. Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2014 Best Businesses of Scottsdale Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Best Businesses of Scottsdale Award Program and data provided by third parties.
- Client's Choice Award
- Top 10 Family Lawyer in Arizona
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Top 10 Attorney Under 40 in Arizona
- American Institute of Legal Counsel
- Top Contributor Family Law
- Arizona State Bar  # 029598
- - Current
96 Questions Answered
- Q. Divorce and dogs
- A: You can be joined to the divorce case, but I don't think it will be necessary. If the court orders the dog to be returned, your father will be responsible for performing or defending against the potential contempt remedies. But the timeline is important here, if the dog was originally community property and it was gifted to you before the petition for dissolution was served, I don't think your stepmother has any recourse. Either spouse is fully allowed to sell, transfer, and otherwise dispose of community property during the marriage.
- Q. What does this child support worksheet shall be controlling as to unreimbursed medical expenses mean?
- A: It likely means that the proportionate income assigned to both parents will control the division of those expenses, but you may want to review your decree with an attorney to be certain.
- Q. Who can you file fraud upon the court in family court with? What court would handle this type of petition ?
- A: Unfortunately it isn't clear what type of fraud you are alleging. Generally speaking, fraud claims need to be raised in the family court and within six months of the judgment or order procured by fraud. You may want to consult directly with a family lawyer to provide the additional context necessary to more precisely answer your question.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.