Free Consultation: (313) 633-6915Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jasmine D. Rippy

Jasmine D. Rippy

The Rippy + Sheikh Law Firm PC
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Michigan
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

If you’re facing criminal charges, you need the right attorney on your side! I will work hard to understand you and your goals, be accessible and come up with a plan to obtain the best outcome given the circumstances of your case.

I have experience defending felony and misdemeanor charges in courts throughout Metro Detroit. I have been successful in getting various criminal charges dismissed and reduced. Call now for a free consultation: 313-633-6915.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are reasonably priced based on the type of charge.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Rippy + Sheikh Law Firm PC
- Current
Managing Attorney
Attorney Rippy, PLC
Associate Attorney
Bodman PLC
The University of Toledo College of Law
J.D. (2015)
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
B.A. (2011) | Political Science
Top Contributor
Board Member of the Year
Wolverine Bar Association
Professional Associations
Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Current
Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Current
Wolverine Bar Association
- Current
State Bar of Michigan
- Current
Wolverine Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Establishing and Maintaining a Thriving Criminal Defense Practice, Detroit, MI
Institute for Continuing Legal Education (Michigan) and Wolverine Bar Association
Criminal Advocacy Program
Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association
Legal Answers
35 Questions Answered

Q. I received a running red light ticket but the name on the ticket is not mine it's the owner of the vehicles do i pay it
A: I agree with previous counsel. You should contact the police department that issued the ticket and ask them to re-write the ticket in your name. If your driving record is decent, there's a good chance of getting the ticket reduced to a zero-point infraction. A traffic lawyer would be able to help you with this.
Q. What happens when someone is caught drunk driving and his license was already suspended?
A: I agree with previous counsel. This would result in 2 separate charges for drunk driving and driving while license suspended.
Q. I was stopped because of move over violation. Did not get the ticket. Will he charge me because it is misdemeanor
A: Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle is a misdemeanor in Michigan punishable by a fine of up to $500.00 and/or imprisonment for up to 90 days. If the officer didn’t give you a ticket, then you got a break.
A: Yes, this is possible. The jury found the defendant guilty of armed robbery but decided there wasn’t enough evidence for the felony murder conviction. If it was the other way around where the defendant was found innocent of the underlying felony, he couldn’t be found guilty of felony murder.
Q. How do I get my felony expunged?
A: To be eligible for an expungement in Michigan, you can only have one felony on your record and no more than 2 misdemeanors. Also, it must be at least 5 years since you completed your sentence. The expungement process entails completing an “application to set aside conviction” and filing it with the court where you were convicted of assault. In addition, you must send a copy of the application and a certified record of your assault conviction to the Attorney General, prosecutor and Michigan State Police. You must also get fingerprinted and send your fingerprint card with a $50 fee to the Michigan State Police. If the Attorney General and prosecutor don’t object to your expungement, you will have a hearing in front of the judge who will ultimately decide whether your expungement will be granted or denied. Because the expungement process is very technical, it would be helpful to seek assistance from a criminal attorney that handles expungements.
Q. How can this happen?? 26 yr old husband arrested on juvenile warrant
A: People are charged with contempt when they fail to comply with a court order. The court can give you info on exactly why he’s being charged with contempt.
Q. If a father and son get into a argument and end up in a minor fight and neither press charges what happens
A: If police responded to the incident, they submitted a report to the prosecutor who decides whether or not to bring forth charges based on the evidence presented to him or her. There doesn’t have to be injuries for someone to be charged with assault or domestic violence.
Q. This is located in Michigan! Is it legal? Can a case be made out of it?
A: In Michigan, the age of consent to sexual contact is 16. Therefore, it is legal for a 16 year old to date a 28 year old as long as the relationship is consensual. However, if the 16 year old has sent sexual images the 28 year old, they could both face felony child pornography charges. If any of those images were sent over the Internet or through the use of a computer, they could be charged with using a computer to commit a crime, which would also be a felony in this case.
Q. I got caught shoplifting on camera multiple times but only caught physically once. What can I be charged with. Jail?
A: You can be charged with retail fraud. The degree will depend on the value of the stolen goods. If the value of the property is below $200, it is 3rd degree retail fraud, which is a 93-day misdemeanor. If the value of the property is between $200-$1,000, it is 2nd degree retail fraud, which is a one-year misdemeanor. If the value of the property is over $1,000, it is 1st degree, which is a 5-year felony. If your record is clean, you will likely be placed on probation instead of jail time. You will also have to pay fines and any applicable restitution, do community service, and possibly attend a retail fraud class.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Rippy + Sheikh Law Firm PC
17401 E. 10 Mile Road
Eastpointe, MI 48021
Telephone: (313) 633-6915
The Rippy + Sheikh Law Firm PC
2360 Orchard Lake Road
Suite 100
Sylvan Lake, MI 48320
Telephone: (248) 631-4853