Jane C Hanawalt
- Arbitration & Mediation, Business Law, Elder Law ...
- California, Oregon, Virginia
Jane Hanawalt has been engaged in the practice of law since her graduation in 1988 with a degree of Juris Doctor from the George Washington University School of Law in Washington D.C. Following her admission to the State of Virginia Bar she worked for eight years in the Office of the General Council, United States Department of Agriculture before moving to California and joining the Law Firm of Jon York & Associates in 1996.
Between 2001 and 2004 Jane, together with her husband, enjoyed a lengthy sabbatical, sailing the Pacific Coast of Mexico and the Sea of Cortez, on a full time basis, aboard their 38' sloop.
Returning from this sojourn, Jane resumed the practice of law as a partner in the Berkeley, California firm of York, Hanawalt & Brock.
In 2008 Jane and her husband relocated to Florence, Oregon and opened a fine dining restaurant in this small coastal village. After a year of hard work in this enterprise the restaurant was sold to the staff and Jane opened her current offices here in Florence.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Elder Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Insurance Defense
- Juvenile Law
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- General Civil
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Free Consultation
- Attorney and shareholder
- York, Hanawalt & Brock, P.C. Berkeley, CA
- Litigation and trial practice, with emphasis on complex litigation involving multiple parties and/or complex legal issues
- Staff attorney
- Jon York and Associates, Berkeley CA
- Litigation and trial practice in areas such as landlord-tenant, personal injury, damage to real property, public entity liability and inverse condemnation, California Environmental Quality Act CEQA), legal malpractice
- United States Department of Agriculture, Office of the General Counsel
- Government contracts and grants, rulemaking and legislative drafting, environmental, fiscal law, conflicts of interest, litigation related to these subject areas
- The George Washington University Law School
- J.D. | Government Contracts, Commercial Law, Environmental Law
- University of Redlands
- B.A. | Psychology, Speech & Hearing, Theology
- Honors: Mortar Board
- Drew University
- Philosophical Theology
- Georgetown University
- Family systems and psychotherapy
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.