Claimed Lawyer ProfileLII GoldBlawgsearch
- Construction Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- General Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District
- English: Spoken, Written
- Michaels & Smolak
- SUNY Buffalo Law School
- Honors: Recipient of the Robert J. Connolly Award for excellence in trial practice.
- University of Buffalo
- Honors: cum laude
- Super Lawyer
- Law & Politics Magazine
- New York State Bar # 2094001
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Evidence and Expert Testimony Best Practices: Supporting Your Case
- October 2007
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills
- February 2007
- A Primer on Automobile Litigation and Insurance Coverage Issues
- Fall 2000
Websites & Blogs
- Jan Smolak's Website Profile
- Michaels & Smolak Website
- Central New York Injury Lawyer Blog
- Biggest Spike in Traffic Deaths in 50 Years? Blame Apps.
7 December 2016
- Can you be held liable in New York for texting to a driver who then crashes into another vehicle while reading your text?
12 November 2016
- Top Central New York Personal Injury Law Firm Named “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report
5 November 2016
- How To Avoid Falling: NY Central Injury Lawyer Explains.
17 October 2016
- Can Apple Be Held Liable For A Driver Causing An Accident While Texting On An Iphone?
1 October 2016
- U.S. Governmental Agency To Bar Arbitration Clauses In Nursing Home Contracts
28 September 2016
- Secret Safety Tip for Left-Turning Vehicles: Central NY Car Accident Lawyer Reveals.
23 September 2016
- The Dangers of “Pokemon Go”. Will the Makers of this Game Face Liability Suits?
15 September 2016
- Powerful Anti-Texting-While-Driving Video Goes Viral
8 September 2016
Contact & Map