Claimed Lawyer ProfileLII GoldBlawgsearch
- Construction Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- General Negligence
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District
- English: Spoken, Written
- Michaels & Smolak
- SUNY Buffalo Law School
- Honors: Recipient of the Robert J. Connolly Award for excellence in trial practice.
- University of Buffalo
- Honors: cum laude
- Super Lawyer
- Law & Politics Magazine
- New York State Bar # 2094001
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Evidence and Expert Testimony Best Practices: Supporting Your Case
- October 2007
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills
- February 2007
- A Primer on Automobile Litigation and Insurance Coverage Issues
- Fall 2000
Websites & Blogs
- Jan Smolak's Website Profile
- Michaels & Smolak Website
- Central New York Injury Lawyer Blog
- Michaels & Smolak Honored with “Pro Bono Champion Award”!
27 April 2019
- BUSTED! NASCAR-Crazed Hit-and-Run Wacko, Who Played Bumper Cars with Unwitting Motorists in Ontario, Seneca and Wayne Counties, Has Been Charged!
16 April 2019
- Syracuse Bicycle Injury Lawyer Gets Back in the Saddle and Back to Writing about NY Bike Law!
14 April 2019
- Michaels & Smolak Receives Pro Bono Champion Award for Providing Equal Access to Justice to Those in Need
29 March 2019
- Solved But Unresolved: The Weird Case of the Serial Hit-and-Run Driver in Ontario, Seneca and Wayne Counties.
11 March 2019
- Central New York Injury Lawyer Is Victim of a Hit-and-Run and Chases the Culprit Down!
3 March 2019
- CNY Injury Lawyer Celebrates Winter in the Finger Lakes
17 February 2019
- Adults Who Were Sexually Abused As Children Will Soon Be Allowed To Sue Their Sexual Predators (and those who harbored them), No Matter How Long Ago It Happened In New York!
3 February 2019
- Central NY Injury Lawyer Warns Clients About Posting, Texting, and Emailing: Your Right To Privacy Has Vanished!
1 February 2019
Contact & Map