Free Consultation: (757) 838-1136Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jan F HoenHampton Injury Law PLC, Your Personal Lawyer on the Peninsula
- Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Medical Malpractice
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Mr. Hoen resides in Hampton and has been practicing since 1989 throughout the state and federal courts of Virginia. His practice focuses on representing injury victims. He has recovered millions for his clients and is actively involved in his church and community. His fee is never more than his client receives as a net recovery after all of their bills and liens are paid.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Workers' Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Regardless of whether or not I am retained, I will provide valuable assistance through a professional case evaluation, free of charge.
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Va.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Written
- Hampton Injury Law PLC
- University of Richmond School of Law
- J.D. (1989)
- Activities: Worked for two years while in law school as intern at Office of the Attorney General, Criminal Appeals Section.
- Roanoke College
- (1986) Criminal Justice
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude Senior Scholar for Criminal Justice Major
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers
- 10 Best Rating in Client Satisfaction
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Board of Regents
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys looks for Attorneys that have achieved unparalleled success but most importantly have done so for the benefit of their client. We compile an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each State. Very few Attorneys can do so and our organization recognizes this significant achievement.
- Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
- Coastal Virginia Magazine
- AV Rating - Preeminent
- Martindale Hubbell
- highest possible peer rating in areas of personal injury, litigation, and worker's compensation
- Superb rating
- Highest rating, based on experience, industry recognition and professional conduct.
- Trust Seal
- Lead Counsel
- Verified experience and peer recommended in fields of personal injury, worker's compensation and medical malpractice
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Hampton Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar  # 30162
Websites & Blogs
- Hampton Injury Law PLC
152 Questions Answered
- Q. Does the potential for a wrongful death suit exist?
- A: More facts are needed about the circumstances of the accident but, in general, the employer has immunity from liability for a work injury. Given the severity of his injuries, unless it can be proven by a medical expert that the death resulted from negligent treatment and he otherwise would have made a recovery, an action against the hospital will be difficult. Dependents are entitled to a death benefit from workers' compensation. An attorney would have to let an expert review the medical records to determine whether there is potential to pursue a claim against the medical providers. I am sorry for the grief your family must be going through.
- Q. When dealing with underinsured motorist how do I get my policy to pay. My coverage is the same as at fault party
- A: There will be separate adjusters for their liability and your UM coverage Once the other driver's policy coverage limit has been tendered in writing, you will be able to access any additional coverage you have that exceeds the limits of that policy. Your UM coverage gets a credit for the $25,000 of liability coverage. Hopefully you have $100,000 or more.
- Q. Is a personal injury attorney required to give you your settlement funds after the case has been settled?
- A: Yes, your attorney is required to release your net funds, after payment of any outstanding liens.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.