Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Immigration Law
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat, hourly and contingent fees as appropriate in each case
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Hernan Law Firm
- - Current
- Hernan Taylor & Lee
- King & Spalding
- Duke University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Auburn University
- B.A. | Political Science (International Affairs)
- University System of Georgia - University of Georgia
- B.B.A. | International Business
Websites & Blogs
16 Questions Answered
- Q. My husband just immigrated to the US. We were married over 2 years when he was approved. Rec a 2yr CR1 not 10yr?
- A: You should contact an experienced immigration attorney who can assist you in the process, review all of the facts of your husband's case and advise you more specifically about what should have happened and what can be done for him. Many immigration attorneys like myself offer free consultations. Best of luck to you.
- Q. Is having a fake check considered 1st degree forgery?
- A: The Georgia Code section that describes the elements and penalties for forgery is 16-9-1. You can view the Georgia Code online at http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/. However, please be aware that the law was recently changed by HB 1176 with an effective date of July 1, 2012. The new law allows for a charge of forgery in the third or fourth degree for fraudulent checks (depending on the amount of the check). Offenses committed before the changes went into effect are treated by the old version of the law (in effect at the time of the offense). You can get more information about HB 1176 on a blog posting on my website at http://hernanfirm.com/governor-neal-signs-major-criminal-justice-reform-.... There is a link to the new law in the blog posting. Check out Section 3-5 of the bill. It will show the modifications to the law and you can see how it was prior to July 1, 2012. I would recommend speaking with a criminal defense attorney to discuss your case in more specific detail.
- Q. What is police procedure/protocal to investigate a fatal automobile accident?
- A: The police usually spend a great deal more time investigating a fatal accident because of the importance of documenting exactly what happened. It may take longer for an accident report to be released. In some cases they will perform an accident reconstruction. If you had a friend or loved one who was killed in an automobile accident, I strongly recommend their estate representative contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Contact & Map