James Czodli's practice is focused on commercial and construction litigation. His experience includes representation of condominium associations, developers, general contractors, and subcontractors on matters involving construction defects, construction liens, breach of contract claims, and settlement negotiations.
While in law school, Mr. Czodli served as president of the Charles C. Papy Jr. Moot Court Board and a member of the University of Miami Law Review. He was awarded first place in the CKP Cup Moot Court Competition in 2015, and won Second Best Oral Advocate in 2016. Mr. Czodli is a member of the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Czodli served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Eugene M. Fahey in 2014.
- Construction Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Siegfried Rivera
- - Current
- University of Miami School of Law
- J.D. (2016)
- Honors: cum laude
- Boston University
- B.S. (2012) | Sociology
- Honors: cum laude
- The Florida Bar
- Co-Authored “The Economic Loss Rule: Is a Building a “product?” – Another View”, 71 U. Miami L. Rev. 105 (2017).
- James S. Czodli's Website Profile
- Siegfried Rivera Website
- Florida Construction Lawyer Blog
- Stuart Sobel Profile in Today’s Daily Business Review: “How Miami Construction Lawyer Stuart Sobel Accidentally Built a Trial Empire”
1 July 2019
- Article by Lindsey Thurswell Lehr and Susan Odess in Today’s Miami Herald: “Lawsuits by Condo Associations Against Neighboring Developers, Builders Are New Norm”
8 April 2019
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law Helps Members Become Outstanding Construction Lawyers
21 March 2019
- Appellate Court Certifies Question to Florida Supreme Court on Nature of Damages in Certain Construction Disputes
10 January 2019
- Article by Georg Ketelhohn in Today’s Daily Business Review: “Ruling Clarifies the Use of Pre-Suit Notice in Construction Defect Lawsuits”
7 November 2018
- Nicholas Siegfried Served as Program Co-Chair for ABA Forum on Construction Law 2018 Fall Meeting
8 October 2018
- Article by Georg Ketelhohn in Today’s Daily Business Review: “Going Strong: Slavin Doctrine Continues to Protect Florida’s Builders, Designers”
5 September 2018
- Nicholas Siegfried Helps Lead ACE Mentor Program Event for High School Students
3 August 2018
- New Law Brings Relief to Developers, Contractors Facing Untimely Construction Defect Suits
5 June 2018
The 40 Year Recertification of Buildings Program was initially created and implemented in Miami-Dade County in 2005, and is now in effect throughout Broward County. In this video, attorneys Roberto...Reverse Mortgages
This week's installation of "Community Chatter" focuses on reverse mortgages. Attorney Maryvel De Castro Valdes discusses the requirements and benefits of a reverse mortgage, and covers how a reverse mortgage...Covenant Enforcement
All community associations-- whether it be a condominium or HOA-- have a declaration that establishes the duties and obligations of the association and its membership. But what does an association...