James Kenneth Sweeney

James Kenneth Sweeney

  • Business Law, Collections, Divorce ...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    Generally I do not take contingency cases.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit Cards via PayPal
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    My hourly rate is $350 and my retainer varies with the complexity of the case. I do arrange monthly payment plans.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Iona College
B.A. | Literature and Philosophy
Placeholder image for education.
University of West Los Angeles
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 182032
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. How can i settle with a creditor out of court? or is it possible to come to an agreement with them
A: Sure, it's more than possible to work out a settlement with a creditor if you want to. Telephone the creditor directly, tell them you'd like to work out a deal, ask them for their best terms, see what they say and then negotiate. A lot depends on how much money is owed, who the creditor is, whether it is the original creditor or a collection firm and more.
Q. How do I find out who is serving me court papers?
A: The party is named on the summons and on the first page of a complaint or every pleading filed with a court. There are no anonymous pleadings filed in a court.
Q. Do i need to respond to Plaintiff's responses to Defendants specially prepared interrogatories?
A: I assume you're the defendant. The answer is No if you are satisfied with the responses. If you believe more is neede for some responses, you need to tal with alawyer or read the Code of Civil Procedure discovery section as to special interrogatories.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
424 South osemead Blvd.; Unit C
424 South Rosemead Blvd.; Ste C
Pasadena, CA 91107
Fax: (310) 496-0122
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.