James H KaneKane & Co
- Tax Law, Appeals & Appellate, Real Estate Law
Jim Kane is a seasoned tax professional with more than 30 years of experience working with large and mid-sized companies on tax and incentive matters throughout the United States. Throughout his career, Jim has worked collaboratively with his clients to help them achieve significant financial benefits. Early in his career, Kane benefited from a long career with Arthur Andersen, gaining great training and experience, and developing a strong focus on developing and implementing processes to ensure service delivery quality and consistency. After launching Andersen’s Chicago property tax practice, Kane was instrumental in developing standards and processes for Andersen’s National Property Tax Team. With a strong penchant for tax policy matters, Kane became an instrumental contributor to tax policy discussions, first, for the electric industry as it embarked upon deregulation in the 1990’s and then, in Illinois, on tax and incentive policy matters as the Illinois General Assembly debated various matters that had broad implications to the Illinois business community. Because of Kane’s broad understanding of the taxes employed in more than 35 states, Kane is able to help clients and policymakers better understand the reach and implications of various tax policy matters. More recently, Kane has turned his attention to assisting clients on Illinois tax and incentive matters, while continuing his work in other states on a more limited basis. During his tenure as a tax professional, Mr. Kane has advised companies on many issues of first impression with great success. His clients have included manufacturers, distributors, retailers, hotel owners and operators, real estate managers and investors, gas station owners, entertainment companies, communications companies, utilities, and oil companies. Kane regularly represents clients before the Cook County Assessor, Cook County Board of Review, Illinois Department of Revenue, Illinois Department of Commerce.
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Microsoft Teams
Free consultations regarding property tax appeals, audit defense services and economic development incentive negotiations.
- Contingent Fees
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- ID Number: 6199479
- English: Spoken, Written
- Kane & Co
- - Current
- Co-Founder and Managing Director
- True Partners Consulting LLC
- Deloitte LLP
- Arthur Andersen LLP
- University of Notre Dame Law School
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- Honors: School Representative - Moot Court Team
- Texas A&M University - College Station
- B.B.A. (1984) | Finance
- Honors: Platoon Sergeant, Ross Volunteer Honor Guard Company Commander, Company A-1
- Activities: Corps of Cadets
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6199479
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.