Free Consultation: (818) 224-4500Tap to Call This Lawyer

James Geoffrey Beirne

National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys
  • Bankruptcy, Estate Planning, Immigration Law
  • California, Nevada
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Over 20 years experience with consumer Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, lien avoidance and income tax discharge.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Estate Planning
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    For Estate Planning and Immigration Law. Obviously not for bankruptcy.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
9th Circuit
Professional Experience
National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys
Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project
- Current
Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Current
Southwestern Law School
Debtor Assistance Project
United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of Calif.
Professional Associations
Central District of California Bankruptcy Attorney Association
- Current
National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
Dishcharging Taxes in Bankruptcy
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered

Q. How can I add my domestic partner to my work health insurance if she dosent have a social security number
A: If you marry, then you can file a spousal petition for an immediate relative. Your partner will get work authorization and a social security number very quickly.
Q. is chapter 13 multiple bankruptcy filing within a year or a calendar year (jan 1st -dec 31)?
A: The Code says within a year which means the 12 months preceding.
Q. I only have my daca and do to the financial situation I'm in I'm considering to file bankrupcey. Could this affect me?
A: The filing of a bankruptcy will not effect your ability to adjust status in the future. ยง525 of the Bankruptcy Code says that the government cannot discriminate against you merely for having filed for protection under the Code. As far as your DACA, have you considered applying for Advance Parole? If granted, when you reenter the country, you will have been "admitted or paroled" which means with a qualifying relative you could adjust status to a permanent resident (green card) without having to consular process outside of the States.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
16633 Ventura Blvd.
Suite 1200
Encino, CA 91436
Telephone: (818) 224-4500