Free Consultation: (815) 562-4443Tap to Call This Lawyer
James G. Ahlberg

James G. Ahlberg

  • Family Law, Divorce, Workers' Compensation...
  • Illinois
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Social Security Disability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Employment Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations in Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability and Legal Malpractice cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees in Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
University of Illinois College of Law
J.D. (1978)
North Park University
B.A. (1974) | Political Science
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar # 3122250
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
517 Questions Answered

Q. We sold our house and the listing agent did not inform us he was acting as a duel agent. What are possible remedies?
A: Yes. Bring all your paperwork to a competent real estate attorney and explain what happened.
Q. Do you need to declare liquid assets that have a beneficiary in a prenup in illinois (bank accounts and retirement)?
A: I agree with Mr. Kulerski. One of the key requirements for a valid pre-nuptial agreement is the full disclosure of all, repeat all, the assets of each party to the other.
Q. Can a judge keep a restraining order on me with no evidence of abuse or neglect nor ever any domestic violence charges?
A: Yes.
Q. Can my 17 year old daughter choose to live with me without going through the courts? She will turn 18 in 6 months.
A: When she's 18 years old she becomes an adult and can live where she chooses. Until then, her residence is determined by court orders.
Q. We now live 74 miles from each other. His visitation every other weekend. Do I have to drive the extra 27 miles?
A: There's no hard and fast answer to this. It will be up to the judge if the two of you can't agree.
Q. My employer pays below minimum wage to be on call and does not pay for travel time.These are beyond scheduled work hours
A: Pay for travel time depends on whether you are commuting (which is not compensable) or traveling between job-sites or between your office or other base of operations and a job-site (which is typically compensable).
Q. If a real estate agent is acting as a dual agent in a home sale can he represent the buyer at closing?
A: No. You cannot trust someone who's already told you he is contractually obligated to also represent the other side to just represent you at closing. You need to hire an attorney as quickly as possible. Buying a home is typically the biggest expense you'll ever have -- it is worth the expense of hiring an attorney to see to it that everything works out as it should.
Q. What happens when one parent goes back on what was agreed upon in mediation?
A: As a rule, nothing that happens in mediation is binding on the parties until the court enters an order saying so.
Q. Is mental health of the child a consideration if a request for sole custody\change to the residential parent is made?
A: Yes, the mental health and well-being of the child should be taken into account. Make sure your attorney has all the information available to you.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
James G. Ahlberg, Attorney at Law
516 4th Avenue
P.O. Box 358
Rochelle, IL 61068
Telephone: (815) 562-4443