Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Formerly a Cop and Judge. Decades in the legal community. Personally available to all clients from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. It costs you nothing to talk for a bit and see how we might help you.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Adamorobe Sign Language: Spoken
- English: Spoken, Written
- Arkansas Bar Association
- - Current
- William H. Bowen School of Law
- J.D. / Law & Counseling (1998)
Websites & Blogs
5 Questions Answered
- Q. Average sentence for battery in 2nd degree
- A: Battery 2 is usually a felony. In Arkansas, depending on the alleged victim input, usually a probation offer from the State. You have to get the correct attorney also. Lots more we need to know to give you a better answer.
- Q. If I'm 16 and pregant I'll be 17 before i have the baby. Could my mom make me give my baby away?
- A: No. It is your baby. If you are unable to care for the child, you may need some help. Help is available from many sources; i.e., church, father of the child, family members, etc. Your mother could get a guardianship over the child if you are unable to care for the child. Caring for the child means having a job, completing school, paying for food, shelter, and clothing. That might be rather difficult without your mother's help. Your mother has no obligation to your child. She does have an obligation to care for you though. Might talk to other family members and the father to care for the child. Now, nothing I have said here carries the enforceability of a Judge. A Judge might do many things depending on the case and facts before him/her. So, you need to file for a paternity action to make the father get a job and pay child support. Someone needs to help you so start calling dad, etc. And be nice to your mother. You are the one who is pregnant. She probably advised you against it. She wants to help but might not be happy about it. Time to start making friends. You be nice. You are still a child and need help. But the answer to your question is "no" your mother cannot make you give your baby away. This is going to be difficult for you and the baby. Putting the child up for adoption might prove just how much you care for the child. You have to notify the father and he might want the child too. Lots of issues. Need a lawyer to help you with this. AND PLEASE DON'T BE ANGRY WITH ME ABOUT ALL THE THINGS I HAVE SAID HERE. You asked for free help and I am trying to help.
- Q. My grandchildren were removed by dcfs and place with us and my daughter gave us full custody can we adopt now
- A: Thank you for your inquiry. There are a few procedural issues we will need to consider but this is a good time to begin the adoption. Costs are around $4000. Let me know how I might help. Jim Hensley 501.766.2770
- Q. If you write a statement on domestic assault 3 hours after alleged incident and no pictures taken does State have case?
- A: Yes
- Q. Can a grandparent granted temporary legal guardianship file for full legal guardianship with no contact of the mother
- A: The guardianship laws in Arkansas have changed in the last few years. Terminating a guardianship is a lot easier now. Contact an Arkansas attorney to discuss. The law is now on the side of a parent who is fit to care for the child. If that parent consented to the guardianship, it helps also. The parent needs to have a job, no drugs, home, no thugs hanging around, etc.
Contact & Map