Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Formerly a Cop and Judge. Decades in the legal community. Personally available to all clients from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. It costs you nothing to talk for a bit and see how we might help you.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Sign Language: Spoken
- English: Spoken, Written
- Arkansas Bar Association
- - Current
- William H. Bowen School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Law & Counseling
Websites & Blogs
43 Questions Answered
- Q. In the state of Arkansas what is the law underneath the constitutional rights of driving with a driver's license suspens
- A: There is no constitutional right to drive. Driving is a privilege. That means you have to do what it takes to have the license and follow the rules. If you driver's license is suspended, you may be able to get a permit to drive to work, school, medical, lawyer, etc. You will have to visit any Revenue Department in Arkansas.
- Q. Ive been helping taking care of this little girl since she was 8 months at first it started with me just having her on
- A: Very good with the facts you mentioned. Jim Hensley
- Q. Do officers have to show you your arrest warrant and read you Miranda rights when arrested?
- A: They should give you a copy of the warrant at some time. They do not have to Mirandize you.
- Q. What is the process, and potential costs involved for a gubnatorial pardon on a non-violent crime?
- A: What is the crime for which you were convicted? This matters because there are a few crimes which are not allowed to be sealed.
- Q. I was served summons paper to go to court for fraudulent insurance acts as a class d felony on a first offense what mean
- A: You need to hire an attorney right away. There are several on here. Look us up online for additional help.
- Q. how long does it generally take for the 8th circuit to grant right to appeal, not the appeal itself, but the right
- A: The eighth circuit does not require the granting of certiorari or the granting of CERT. As such you have the opportunity to appeal to them directly without permission. I believe you have 30 days after the order is entered at the district level. This should not be taking as legal advice. If you require assurances you should contact an attorney directly
- Q. I filed an order of protection on my husband I July of 2017. The judge ordered it for 2 years.
- A: Jail is certainly a possibility. Be sure and get a good lawyer.
- Q. Can my ex legal become my son's father without me having to marry him?
- A: It is nice that you are considering your son's well-being over your self-interest. Lawyers don't see that too often. You have a couple options. The best is to have this man adopt your son. We will need to locate the biological father to sign off on the adoption. There are other options if you don't know his location. It adds a bit to the cost though. The following people have to sign the papers: You, the biological father if we can find him, the new dad, and even your son. In Arkansas, a child ten or over has to consent. Sort of nice isn't it? You don't have to get married to anyone for this to happen Here is what you should expect in the way of fees: Filing fee: 187.50 Lawyer fees: $3000.00 Additional fees if we can't locate the biological father: 1200.00 Thank you.
- Q. My son was born in Oklahoma but we have been a resident of Arkansas for over 6 yrs. In what state can we file adoption?
- A: Arkansas
Contact & Map