Jack Ternan

Jack Ternan

Ternan Law Firm, PLLC
  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Arbitration & Mediation ...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Jack Ternan's practice includes extensive experience in commercial litigation, business litigation, arbitration, appeals and appellate, corporate litigation, real estate litigation, breach of contract, open government litigation, partnership / business divorce disputes, and other civil litigation. Mr. Ternan also has experience in advising businesses and individuals on how to resolve or settle disputes without litigation. Jack Ternan grew up in Plano, Texas, where he currently resides with his wife and sons. Prior to starting the Ternan Law Firm, Mr. Ternan was a partner at Bickel & Brewer, now known as Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors. He has been named a “Texas Rising Star” in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 by Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service.

Mr. Ternan is Chair of the Finance Council at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church and, in 2012, Mr. Ternan was the Democratic candidate for Texas Senate District 8.

Practice Areas
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
    Construction Law
    Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Business Litigation
  • Commercial Litigation
  • Civil Litigation
  • Hotel and Hospitality Litigation
  • Federal Civil Forfeiture
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I only accept contingent fees on commercial cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I typically charge on an hourly or flat fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Ternan Law Firm, PLLC
- Current
Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors
Bickel & Brewer became Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors in June 2015.
Bickel & Brewer
Bickel & Brewer
University of Texas - Austin
J.D. (2007) | Law
Activities: Student Bar Association, Texas Review of Law and Politics, Internship at the Supreme Court of Texas, Texas Federalist Society
University of Texas - Austin Logo
Georgetown University
B.A. (2004) | Government and History
Activities: Chair, Georgetown University Student Association; Secretary, Georgetown College Academic Council; Philodemic Debate Society
Georgetown University Logo
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Texas Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
Collin County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas  # 24060707
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Firm website
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered
Q. If I own a C-corp, and I see another competitor advertising on AdWords using my business name verbatum, what can I do?
A: Yes, this is trademark infringement.
Q. Can Majority of the shareholders dissolve their company. 55% to 45%. Two owners equal 55%, 1-45%. This is in Texas.
A: It depends on how the company is structured, but generally shareholders cannot dissolve a corporation, only the board of directors can do that.
Q. I made an oral contract, a free favor. I was unable to do the task. Am I at risk in court?
A: You are always at risk if you do not answer a lawsuit.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Principal Office (By Appointment Only)
1400 Preston Road
Suite 400
Plano, TX 75093
Toll-Free: (800) 665-2197
Telephone: (972) 905-9040
Fax: (972) 476-1361
Tyler Location (Appointment Only)
112 E. Line Street
Suite 204
Tyler, TX 75702
El Paso location (By Appointment Only)
221 N. Kansas Street
Suite 700
El Paso, TX 79901
Amarillo location (Appointment Only)
600 S Tyler
Suite 2100
Amarillo, TX 79101
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.