Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Municipal Law
- Business Law
- DUI & DWI
- Environmental Law
Additional Practice Area
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Reasonable rates and flat fee pricing possible depending on nature and complexity of matter. Rates are generally lower than "full service" law firms with a high overhead business model.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Attorney and Counselor at Law
- Lebowitz Legal Services, PLLC (http://jacklebowitz.com)
- - Current
- General civil and criminal law practice with focus on environmental, land use and zoning law, and state administrative law, trials and appeals.
- Green and Seifter Attorneys (now Bousquet, Holstein)
- Counsel on energy and environmental projects including hydroelectric and electric transmission line permitting projects, brownfield and general DEC permitting issues.
- Member, Counsel
- Lemery Greisler LLC
- Environmental attorney responsible for permitting major projects in the Albany - Lake George region and defense of permitting proceedings in state trial and appellate courts, including the Saratoga County Water Supply and Transmission Project, Luther Forest Technology Campus (GlobalFoundries semiconductor "chip fab"), Six Flags Great Escape Theme Park, Scott - Finch paper company sludge landfill, Ackner Fuels LNG storage center, Spurlock Adhesives chemical production plant and the Wilton Mall at Saratoga.
- Boston University
- J.D. | Law
- Wesleyan University
- B.A. | College of Social Studies
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Paul J. Curran Award
- Prisoners Legal Services of New York, Inc.
- Awarded annually by Prisoners Legal Services, a statewide organization that provides pro bono legal services to inmates of the State prison system, to two attorneys from small and large law firms who have provided distinguished pro bono services to prisoners in the previous year.
- Certificate of Appreciation
- New York State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Warren County Bar Association
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Website and blog for Lebowitz Legal Services, PLLC
- Avvo.com profile and other practice information
1 Questions Answered
- Q. Is conspiracy to commit murder is the same charge as murder in nyc
- A: No they are different charges, but the conspiracy charge is a lot easier to prove and the penalties for conspiracy may be as serious as murder (well, perhaps almost as serious, one or two felony classes below murder, perhaps the same as negligent homicide). For murder, you need a dead body and some evidence of culpability. For a conspiracy charge, all you need is evidence you planned a murder with someone and took one step towards accomplishing it, whether the murder actually occurred at all or was even attempted.
Contact & Map