J. Richard Kulerski

J. Richard Kulerski

  • Arbitration & Mediation, Divorce, Family Law
  • Illinois
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

J. Richard Kulerski is a partner in the Oak Brook (and downtown Chicago) divorce law firm of Kulerski and Cornelison. Richard has over four decades of trial experience in the divorce courts of Cook and DuPage counties, IL. and is a Harvard trained mediator and settlement negotiator. Richard and his partner, Kari Cornelison, are staunch advocates of the settlement approach to divorce and both are active in divorce mediation, collaborative divorce law and in the rapidly growing cooperative divorce movement.

Practice Areas
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
member - Board of Directors
Mediation Council of Illinois
Loyola University Chicago
Loyola University Chicago Logo
DePaul University
DePaul University Logo
Benedictine College
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
DuPage Bar Association
Sustaining Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Secret to a Friendly Divorce
Wasteland Press
Divorce Buddy System
Author House
Websites & Blogs
Kulerski & Cornelison's Website
Legal Answers
571 Questions Answered
Q. In Illinois, is child support mandatory in a divorce?
A: Child support is mandatory in Illinois. You have no right to say you don't want it. It's the child(ren)'s right - it is not your right to give away.
Q. Can my parents enter me (adult child) into a contractual obligation within their divorce decree without my signature?
A: It doesn't mean that you must pay one-third. It only requires your parents to pay one-third each. Their respective obligations are capped at one-third each. The court had no jurisdiction over you and could not order you to do anything.
Q. Can I remove my kids, 10 & 14, out of my husband's home and bring with to rent a house? In Chicago
A: Your Judgment for Dissolution should state who the residential parent is. If it is you, then you are free to move with the children.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Oak Brook Terrace Office
1 S 660 Midwest Road
Suite 320
Oak Brook Terrace, IL 60181
Telephone: (630) 928-0600
Fax: (630) 928-0670
Chicago Office
47 W. Polk Street
Suite M11
Chicago, IL 60605
Telephone: (312) 235-0100
Fax: (630) 928-0670
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.