J. Eric Chisholm practices in the areas of Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability. Mr. Chisholm was an enlisted member of the Massachusetts Army National Guard from 1995 until 2001. Mr. Chisholm graduated with Honors from Salem State College in 2000, and 2003 from Suffolk University Law School. While attending Suffolk University Law School, Mr.Chisholm was involved with the Voluntary Prosecutor's Clinic representing the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a 3.03 certified Assistant District Attorney. Upon graduating law school, Mr. Chisholm represented applicants throughout the United States seeking Social Security Disability benefits. However, since 2004, Mr. Chisholm has been litigating work related injury claims in Massachusetts before the Department of Industrial Accidents, focusing on upholding the rights of injured workers. Mr. Chisholm is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and is also a frequent lecturer on the topic of workers' compensation law at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education seminars.
Mr. Chisholm is AV Rated through Martindale-Hubbell®, the company that has long set the standard for peer review ratings.
Mr. Chisholm was also selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2012 and 2013 list. The annual listing, which recognizes outstanding attorneys who are either under 40 years of age or in practice less than 10 years, is published in the Boston and New England Super Lawyers Magazines - Rising Stars Edition. No more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in a state are selected to the list.
Please call 617-367-0880 x15 for a free consultation.
- Health Care Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability/SSI
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- English: Spoken, Written
- Kantrovitz & Associates, P.C.
- - Current
- Curtin, Murphy & O'Reilly, P.C.
- Doherty, Cella & Keane LLP
- Suffolk University Law School
- Salem State College
- B.A. / Political Science (2000)
- Honors: Cum Laude Student Senate
- Rising Stars
- Super Lawyers
- Boston's Top Rated AV Preeminent Rated Lawyers
- LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbel
- National Organization of Social Security Representatives (NOSCCR)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- - Current
- J. Eric Chisholm's Website Profile
- Kantrovitz & Associates, P.C. Website
- Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Lawyer Blawg
- Employee’s Average Weekly Wage Generally Must be Based on Earnings at the Time of Massachusetts Workplace Accident
23 May 2016
- Total Incapacity Benefits Award Recommitted After Massachusetts Employer Denied Due Process
18 May 2016
- Reviewing Board Has Primary Jurisdiction Over Claims Related to Workers’ Compensation Benefits Paid to Injured Massachusetts Workers
1 May 2016
- Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Benefits Award Must be Based on Credible Evidence
25 April 2016
- Preliminary 2014 Labor Statistics Show a Two Percent Increase in Workplace Fatalities in Massachusetts and Elsewhere
20 April 2016
- Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Case Vacated Over Administrative Judge’s Error
14 April 2016
- Industrial Accidents Reviewing Board Upholds Order Requiring Return of Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Disability Benefit Overpayments
8 April 2016
- Massachusetts Appeals Court Upholds Double Benefits Award in Workers’ Compensation Case
25 March 2016
- Study Conducted by Massachusetts-Based Research Institute Reveals the Cost of Employee Injuries May be Needlessly Shifted to Workers’ Compensation Insurance
21 March 2016