Free Consultation: (603) 883-0797Tap to Call This Lawyer
Israel Piedra

Israel Piedra

Personal injury, Appeals, and Timber Trespass Lawyer
  • Personal Injury, Appeals & Appellate
  • Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

***"Answers on this website are for information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice, nor do they form an attorney-client relationship***. ***

Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Additional Practice Area
  • Timber Trespass
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free half hour consultation in most matters--after that my normal hourly rate applies. Personal injury consultations are free, and you don't pay a fee unless we win.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Hampshire
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Judicial Intern
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Boston College Law School
J.D. (2015)
Activities: Moot court, Law review
Boston College Law School Logo
Bates College
B.A. (2012) | Politics; Music Performance
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Massachusetts State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Hampshire State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nashua Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Trees or Towers: The Battle Over Northern Pass
Vermont Journal of Environmental Law
Confusing Regulatory Takings with Regulatory Exactions: The Supreme Court Gets Lost in the Swamp of Koontz
Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review
Websites & Blogs
New England Tree Law - Timber Trespass Lawyer
Firm profile
Nashua New Hampshire personal injury blog
Legal Answers
43 Questions Answered
Q. Who owns trees in New Hampshire? Owner of the land they grow on, or owner of easement over that land, ie: condo unit?
A: This is an interesting question, but probably not one where you will find a definitive answer. In particular, if the tree is within the airspace and poses a danger, property ownership of the tree may not be the sole determining factor for who is responsible for it. Any answer would probably come from the case law, not statute, and there may not even be a definitive answer.
Q. can a life insurance beneficiary payout be contested by family if the insured suffered from a mental illness (bipolar)?
A: It would be very difficult to prove that a beneficiary designation was changed due to mental capacity or undue influence. Basically, whichever beneficiary is on the policy is unlikely to be changed after death. A lawyer would need to investigate the facts and case law for a more specific answer.
Q. I am 13 years old,am I allowed to go to court to support my family member?
A: Anyone is allowed in a courtroom. It is open to the public, with certain very limited exceptions. I'm not sure I understand your question.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Welts, White & Fontaine, PC
29 Factory Street
Nashua, NH 03061
Telephone: (603) 883-0797
Welts, White & Fontaine, PC
Milford, NH, USA
Telephone: (603) 883-0797
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.