Free Consultation: (214) 302-8197Tap to Call This Lawyer
Isaac Shutt

Isaac Shutt

Dallas, Texas wills, estate, probate, fiduciary litigation attorney
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&AResponsive Law

Attorney Isaac Shutt focuses his law practice on Wills, Legal Trust creation, Probate Law, and help with Estates, primarily in Dallas County and Collin County Texas. He is passionate about assisting families with the necessary legal process to distribute property after the death of a family member. Mr. Shutt genuinely cares for every client and strives to make Wills, Probate, and Estate Administration as affordable and simple as possible.

Mr. Shutt’s Qualifications And Memberships:
Isaac Shutt is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.

Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, juris doctor, Cum Laude
Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate & Trusts Law Section
Member, The College of the State Bar of Texas
Member, Collin County Bar Association
President-Elect, Probate Section, Collin County Bar Association
Attorney ad litem appointment list in Dallas County and Collin County Probate Courts
Past President, Richardson Community Band
Concert Chair / Vice-President, Richardson Community Band
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Richardson Alumni Association
Member, Murphy Chamber of Commerce
Personal Details About Mr. Shutt:
Mr. Shutt is a Christian and part of the community of Dallas Bible Church.

Outside of the law practice, Isaac enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and his three young sons, Dean, Vaughn and Duke. Isaac is also Vice-President of the Richardson Community Band. Other interests include woodworking, motorcycle riding, working on cars, traveling, and sports (especially the SMU Mustangs). Click here to read more about Mr. Shutt’s hobbies.

Mr. Shutt was raised in Wichita, Kansas. He attended Southern Methodist University for both undergraduate and law degrees.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Fiduciary Litigation
  • Guardianship
  • Power of Attorney
  • Wills
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • Google Hangouts
  • Skype
  • FreeConferenceCall
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Shutt Law Firm uses Flat-Rate Attorney Fees for many Probate Cases and for Wills
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24071203
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Southern Methodist University
Southern Methodist University Logo
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar College
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collin County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Top Troubles with “DIY” Wills
Headnotes (Dallas Bar)
Speaking Engagements
Panelist , North Texas Probate Bench Bar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered

Q. My sister died and before her estate could be probated to her son, my nephew, he died.
A: You are required to have an attorney to probate the will and to become the executor. Your probate attorney should be able to easily help you with this. The probate attorney will probably advise you to send the criminal attorney a "permissive creditor notice." Then, even if the criminal law attorney responds correctly to the permissive notice, you will likely reject the claim. The claim may have defects (as you stated). In the meantime, I wouldn't talk with the criminal attorney. It's best to let your probate attorney try to eliminate the creditor claim (which we're pretty good at!).
Q. Dad and I had a joint checking account. He passed away recently. Is that account property of the estate?
A: No, not if you were "joint tenants with right of survivorship" on the account. You can ask the bank, and they should tell you. If you're not, then the account probably belongs to the Estate.
Q. Do I need a prenup if I am in a 12 year relationship with no plans on getting married in the near future?
A: YES! You should have at least a basic will. In all wills we prepare at our law office, we put in a little clause about marital status. This one sentence could save your heirs lots of expense and hassle. You should also consider a cohabitation agreement. Also, I notice you're in PA. I'm a Texas lawyer, so my answer is based on Texas Law. You may want to ask some PA attorneys if you're in PA.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Shutt Law Firm, PLLC
1701 Gateway Blvd
Suite 333
Richardson, TX 75080
Telephone: (214) 302-8197
Fax: (214) 382-9437
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.