Ilana Sharpe

Ilana Sharpe

Robertson & Williams
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law, Estate Planning, Probate ...
  • Oklahoma
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
Reviewed by Gaye Y. September 20, 2020
Illana Sharpe provided great legal advice and service to me at a fair price.
I am into my 6th decade of life and have never had to consult an attorney. I say this because if everyone had as positive an experience as I did when dealing with attorneys, they would not be so wary to do so. From the first contact to wrapping up the legal issues I had to navigate, this attorney kept me informed and moved on actions as quickly as possible. This all occurred recently during COVID times which has made every step of the way more complicated. Kudos to this professional. I highly recommend Illana Sharpe.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ASocial Media

Ms. Sharpe is a Partner in the offices of Robertson & Williams. She focuses her practice on oil and gas title examination and mineral acquisition, probate, estate planning and business transactions.

Practice Areas
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • GoToMeeting
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Fees are contingent on the type of work. Some work may have a set fee while other matters are billed on an hourly basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Robertson & Williams
University of Oklahoma College of Law
J.D. (2009)
Honors: Phi Delta Phi; Dean's Honor Roll; Merit Award
University of Oklahoma College of Law Logo
Wesleyan University
B.A. (2006)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 22540
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. My sister refuses to sign for either of us to apply to become Administrator of our deceased brother’s estate.
A: It could perhaps be considered a conflict, however, there isn't a quick run around a probate. I've assumed this house is in Oklahoma. Assuming the house was titled solely in your brother's name, then there is no way to legally transfer title without an administration of your brother's estate. A title company would not pass title on the house without this administration and therefore no sale would be concluded. You have a right equal to your sister to apply to be administrator of the estate. In Oklahoma, priority of appointment goes first to the surviving spouse, then children, then parents and then to siblings. Assuming none of these other parties exist or assuming they would decline to serve you can apply to be appointed administrator of the estate. Depending on what other real and personal property exists and the value of the estate there may be abbreviated probate procedures of which you could take advantage. You should contact a probate attorney.
Q. What Oklahoma statute states that an executor of the estate must give expense accountings to the beneficiaries
A: 58 O.S. Sec. 541 is the statute relating to final accounting.
Q. My dad passed away in August this year. His wife of 4 yrs has filed to be admin since there no will he owned a business
A: First of all I am very sorry for your loss. In regards to your question, if there was no Will then the assets of your father would be passed pursuant to the laws of intestacy. In this case where there is a surviving spouse and children who are not the children of the surviving spouse, his wife is entitled to 1/2 of the property that was acquired by the joint industry of husband and wife during marriage, children would be entitled to the remaining 1/2 in equal shares. Any property which is the separate property of decedent or not acquired by joint industry would be split between the spouse and children in equal shares. It is irrelevant what your father may have verbally communicated to you, as he failed to memorialize it in a Last Will and Testament, however, as I said, distribution of the assets is statutorily mandated and she cannot simply keep all of the property to herself. You should consider finding counsel to enter an appearance on your behalf. If you are not able to find counsel prior to tomorrow's hearing you should show up at the hearing and request that the court grant you leave to obtain counsel and let the court know that you object to her appointment.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Oklahoma City
Telephone: (405) 848-1944
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
9658 North May Avenue
Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Telephone: (405) 848-1944
Fax: (405) 843-6707
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.