A few Vietnamese lawyers capable of advising multi-million project development throughout Vietnam, Hung has 10 years working experience before establishing CNC, a boutique property law firm based in Saigon, Vietnam.
Hung's clients include leading project developers, general contractors and various consultants, including Nha Trang Bay Investment and Construction J.SC and its subsidiaries, Hoa Binh Construction Group J.S.C, Eurowindow J.S.C, Sinh Nam Metal (Vietnam), Cofico, AltusGroup Vietnam, BKAsia Pacific, VDB-Loi, PTSC, Pado, Kurihara.
Having involved in some of landmark ICC dispute deals in Vietnam, such as West-East Highway, Package No. 2, - Thu Thiem Tunnel, PVTex Polyester Plant, Hung regular conducts FIDIC Contract 1999 training courses throughout the region, and recently actively involving in introducing FIDIC Contract 2017 aiming at helping project stakeholders in Vietnam to have a better understanding of international contract terms and its practice.
- Construction Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Free Consultation
Limit to the first-initially 30 minute session.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa and Master Cards.
- Contingent Fees
In range of 185US$ to 285US$.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fees will be charged based upon either hourly rate and/or per case. A cap is usually provided to those who engage us on a long term basis or where clients indicates their budget and scope.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Vietnamese: Spoken, Written
- Managing Partner
- - Current
- Managing the firm.
- Senior Associate
- LNT & Partners
- • Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer. • Synthesizing legal research and analysis into a coherent written memorandum or brief for submission to a client, court or arbitrator. • Appearing in a court of law, arbitration or other judicial tribunal on behalf of the firm's client, as well as presenting well-reasoned arguments to the judicial body. • Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents. • Performing discovery of various electronically stored data and hard copies of information in preparation for litigation. • Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences. • Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the law firm or for a client — and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk. • Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions. • Monitoring and supervising construction, real estate and infrastructure team. • Client cares and development.
- Contracts Deputy Manager
- Hoa Binh Construction Group J.S.C
- • Serves as Contracts Manager during period of QS-Contract Director’s absence. • Provides senior-level guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of all contract administration functions in conjunction with the QS-Contracts Director. • Works with the QS-Contracts Director to define staffing assignments and re-assignments as project needs arise. • Assists in the development, reviews, and maintenance of the Contracts Management Plan and provides updates to the Project Management Plan. • Manages and supports completion of the entire tender process (pre-qualification, proposal preparation, tender evaluation as well as contract negotiations and administration) by providing guidance and reviews of direct reports work. • Provides leadership and supports negotiations of the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues associated with tender awards. • To be held responsible for managing, reporting, and analyzing all contractual matters related to assigned construction packages, including final payments and retentions. • Manages and reviews the executes pre-tender and pre-contract stages, including commercial evaluation of tenders received, ensuring the contracting strategies and the ultimate contracts developed are consistent with company approved policy. • Manages support team to assure contracts effectively managed during the course of the contract period and ensures its close-out is in accordance with established procedures. • Reviews and recommends claims and other contractual matters to the senior management. • Reviews and/or prepares progress reports and supports the Claim/Risk Manager in resolving risks and claims in the best interest of the client through contract related advice. • Supports the QS-Contracts Director in other duties as deemed necessary. • Consult with management, accountants, financial staff on a variety of legal & contracting matters. • Coordinate and manage litigation. • Keep informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management are in place. • Liaised with Ho Chi Minh City Planning and Investment Department and other authorities for Enterprise Registration Certificate amendment, stock exchange authority.
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
- LL.B. (2009) | Faculty of Commercial Law
- I-The Future Lawyer
- University of Economics and Law
- Sponsored for the moot court. Assumed role of a judge.
- - Current
- Vietnam Bar Federation # 12.044/TP/LS-CCHN
- - Current
- Ho Chi Minh Bar Association # 12.044/TP/LS-CCHN
- - Current
- FIDIC Contracts Training Courses, FIDIC Contracts, Vietnam
- Introduce FIDIC Contracts 1999 to CentralCons.
- Contracts Negotiation
- Schouten Vietnam
- FIDIC Contracts Training Course: Introduction
- CIArb Certificate: Introduction to International Arbitration
- CEDR Accredited Meditor Certificate
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
- Official Website
- CNC | a boutique property law firm | Insights
- The 1999 FIDIC Suite of Contracts
11 February 2020
- Real Estate Investment Fund – How to operate in Vietnam
16 January 2020
- 7 Potential Risks of Purchasing Residential Real Estate in Vietnam as a Foreigner
10 November 2019
- CONDOTELS – NOTEWORTHY LEGAL CONCERNS
27 September 2019
- Registration of Foreign Loans in Vietnam
9 September 2019
- Transfering Real Estate Projects
29 August 2019
- Real Estate Investment Fund In Viet Nam
15 August 2019
- The 1999 FIDIC Contracts – Practical Use Training Course In March 2020 Ho Chi Minh City
22 July 2019
- The Homeownership of Overseas Vietnamese in Vietnam
11 July 2019
- Q. Our contractor seems to have abandoned our project, no contact in 3 wks. He left many tools. When can I sell his tools?
- A: First, it's better you look at the contract to see if (i) any period required for a contract termination; (ii) if the answer is yes, then you have to follow it, and you will have your entitlement to sell tools left at your house. If the answer is no, (or you think it is worthy doing so) then you might need to serve him/her a notice to the address stated in the contract or if no such address is given, his residential place, asking for the resumption of the work, and the possibility of imposing a delay damage. A reasonable period of time depending on situation to situation, but a few days is recommended, and it should be sent by post or other communication system allowed in the contract. Hand writing is acceptable. Second, in this context, a post is not considered authenticated as he/she did, and it might not be considered to be legitimate to consider his action as an abandon of the work. Third, after the fulfillment of such obligations, you might arrange the work to be executed by other or by yourself, and set off against any tools he might leave, or claim for further sum/compensation. Hope the delay or the replacement of the contractor does not cost you a lot.