Offers Video ConferencingTap to Call This Lawyer
Howard E. Knispel
- Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Divorce ...
- New York
Howard E. Knispel has been practicing law since 1989, having graduated from Eisenhower College of World Studies of the Rochester Institute of Technology with a degree in International Politics in 1981 and New York Law School in 1988 with a Doctor of Jurisprudence.
Howard concentrates his practice to Divorce, Family Law, Bankruptcy, Criminal, Traffic and DWI, Real Estate and Wills. Howard has conducted numerous trials, both jury and non-jury. Howard has negotiated and settled hundreds of divorce, custody and support matters.
Howard has helped many people get out from crippling debt to get a fresh start. He has assisted many people experiencing criminal matters help get the possible outcome, including dismissals. As a former traffic prosecutor and Administrative Law Judge, has helped many cut through the tangle that is the traffic court and helped reduce points and save licenses. He has represented both purchasers and sellers of residential properties throughout the New York Metropolitan area.
If there is any legal issue you need assistance with, call Howard E. Knispel, who has the knowledge and experience to assist you.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Google Meet
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Zelle and Venmo accepted.
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- County Attorney/Special Prosecutor
- Suffolk County Traffic asnd Parking Agency
- Administrative Law Judge
- New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission
- New York Law School
- J.D. (1988)
- Eisenhower College of Rochester Institute of Technology
- B.A. (1981) | International Politics
- Honors: Senior Class President. Editor:
- Peer Reviewed
- Martindale-Hubbell Lawyers Service
- Person of the Year
- Smithtown Democratic Committee
- Smithtown Sunrise Rotary
- - Current
- Activities: Hospitality
- Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association
- - Current
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- - Current
- New York State Bar  # 2279156
- - Current
- Bankruptcy and Debt Settlement, How to Prevent a Financial Meltdown, Huntington, NY
- Housing Help, Inc.
Many traffic offenses can affect your driving record or result in a criminal conviction. Aggravated moving violations and traffic offenses that endanger lives or result in bodily injury another person...Howard E. Knispel, P.C. | Commack NY Attorneys
We want to be your trusted advisers during these difficult times. With more than 25 years of experience in Suffolk, Nassau and New York City, you can be certain that...
- Q. Can my girlfriends ex husband prevent me from being around her kids during her time with the kids. ?
- A: Who has residential custody? There should be no restriction on who sees the children absent an order to the contrary as long as it is with the parent present. If there is a schedule of visitation and he denies it, you can file a violation petition. Your ex would have to demonstrate why you are not fit to be around the children. But this al;l hinges on the wording in the custody order. Talk to a lawyer.
- Q. Under what circumstances in New York can one file for a modification of child support?
- A: The law is 3 years OR 15%, not both. If there is a 15% increase in the non custodial parent's income, then you are entitled to an increase. Also, it depends on the wording of the last order. If the Magistrate recalculated the child support , then that is the starting date. But if the Magistrate left it alone and did not address it then the starting date (for the 3 years) is the last time it was calculated. You really should retain a lawyer as these things can be complicated.
- Q. My lawyer has been rude and also has not sent my divorce papers out. What can I do?
- A: First you said your husband sigbed papers. Were these a Stipulation of Settlement? There are many papers that have to be prepared and signed by the parties. Then you said you made changes and signed. Did you do so after your husband signed those papers? If so your husband needs to approve that and he should resign. Two weeks is a very short time for you to expect everything to be done. I think you may have an unrealistic expectation.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.