Holly A Wilcox

Holly A Wilcox

  • Immigration Law, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • North Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Elon University School of Law
J.D. (2016)
Placeholder image for education.
University of Virginia
B.A. (2013)
University of Virginia Logo
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar  # 50846
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. Can green card holder marry with international student in North Carolina?
A: Immigration status does not affect whether or not two people can get married. The normal marriage requirements will still apply -- you can't be married to someone else, you have to be old enough to get married, etc. However, if the question you are asking is can the green card holder sponsor the international student for a green card if they get married, the answer is probably yes, depending on their circumstances.
Q. I have a conditional resident card. I divorced my husband before my renewal because he hit my daughter.
A: When you file to remove conditions on your green card, you will have the opportunity to explain why you are no longer married to the spouse who sponsored you. However, be sure to hire a qualified immigration attorney to help you because this is a complicated legal argument to make.
Q. I came as a tourist and i got robbed, they robbed my wallet, cellphone an passport, am i eligible for visa U?
A: To be eligible for a U-Visa, you must have been the victim of certain types of crimes. These crimes are usually felonies. You also must have been cooperative with the police in investigating and prosecuting the crime. If the facts of your robbery meet these criteria, you may be eligible for a U-Visa. You can find out more information at this website: https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/victims-human-trafficking-other-crimes/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status, or schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
143 Moore Ave
PO Box 7222
Mount Airy, NC 27030
Telephone: (336) 415-5178
Fax: (336) 283-7220
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.

Select up to 3 lawyers.